My name is Zareen, I am 22 years old and currently a fourth year dental student.
I have always loved Maths because there is only one correct answer and the sense of accomplishment I get when solving an equation or sum correctly is phenomenal! Being able to pass this feeling on to the younger generation is a gift.
I am very quick to suss out the child and adjust my teaching methods accordingly.
The backbone of my methods include:
- an overview of the topic at the beginning of the lesson
- multiple worksheets and examples provided by myself
- allowing the child to work through some exercises alone, asking me for help when needed
- I provide homework exercises for extra practice, putting emphasis on the areas where your child would have struggled during the lesson (the homework will be corrected at the beginning of each class)
- Every 3/4 lessons, I will make a test consisting of all of the previous topics to check progress
I am very flexible therefore am happy to work alongside parents and the advice of school teachers.
I do not put pressure on the child, I push them to their full potential, sometimes with the use of rewards. e.g. stickers (obviously age dependant).
I have been providing lessons for 2 years in a mixture of group sessions and one-on-one lessons. After attending my summer classes, both teachers and parents noticed more focus at school and much better grades, either because the children were grasping concepts faster or because I had extensively practiced certain topics with them from different angles, focussing especially on their weaknesses.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|