My teaching method is very simple, we identify the topics you need to learn. Then, I prepare them as a lecture for you and finally, we go through a series of practical exercises that will allow me to see how much have you learned and identify if there is something we need to reinforce.
I am Molecular Biologist with a Master's in Synthetic Biology and Biotechnology for the University of Edinburgh. I have one-year experience teaching Biology and Chemistry to high school and secondary students who have successfully passed exams and achieved good marks in both courses. As part of my professional experience, I have worked in the laboratory in different research projects that involve the use of Microbiology and Molecular Biology techniques.
University level classes will have a cost of 14 per/hour + travel costs (4 pounds)
The University of Edinburgh Sept 2015 - Nov 2016
MSc of Synthetic Biology and Biotechnology with Merit
Topics covered included: Tools for Synthetic Biology, Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine, and Environmental Gene Mining.
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de México Aug 2008 - Feb 2013
BSc Hons Biology, grade 2.1 (8.2/10) Topics covered included: Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Carcinogenesis and Genetics.
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de México Sept 2012 - Jan 2013
Diploma/certificate Biochemistry and Molecular Biology applied to Pharmaceutical
and Biotechnological Industry (9.3/10)
Topics Included: Protein Structure, Methods for Protein Purification, Recombinant Protein Expression, Regulation and Intellectual Property.
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, UNAM Aug 2010 - Dec 2012
Deletion of virulent genes in Pseudomonas aeruginosa Igb83 strain to use it as a Biotechnological strain.
• Extracted and quantified rhamnolipids in different strains of P. aeruginosa to identify the higher producer of these molecules.
• Constructed suicide vector for deletion of virulent genes toxA and LasB.
• Evaluated deletion of virulence genes by PCR and restriction patterns.
Responses of the promoter otsBA in different stress conditions in Acinetobacter baumannii.
• Cloned otsBA promoter fragment upstream to lacZ gene in a plasmid and transforming A. baumannii.
• Cultured transformed cells of A. baumannii in different stress conditions such as ethanol, osmotic, oxidative and desiccation.
• Measured enzymatic activity of lacZ gene in those stress conditions to see indirectly the activity of otsBA promoter.
• Extracted intracellular total proteins from A. baumannii cultures in ethanol and hydrogen peroxide to make an immunoblot for oxidized proteins.
School of Biological Science, University of Edinburgh
Development of a genetic toolkit for Rhodococcus jostii May 2016-Sept 2016
• Performed growth curve for R. jostii in LB medium, LB + Sucrose 6%, Nutrient Broth (NB) and Tryptic Soy Broth (TSB)
• Obtained electrocompetent cells for R. jostii
• Designed and tested a MoClo assembly compatible vector for R. jostii
• Designed and tested standardized DNA parts compatible with MoClo assembly in Rhodococcus by using inducible and non- inducible promoters
Regulatory Affairs Associate at Hyaltech Ltd. Apr 2018 - Jul 2018
Supported external distributors and company on site branches with local registrations and regulatory compliance for Hyaltech’s products.
Senior Regulatory Specialist Affairs at Teleflex Inc. Feb 2015 - Sept 2015
Obtained new product licenses and maintained compliance with Mexican regulatory framework for Teleflex products sold and manufactured in Mexico.
Regulatory Affairs Associate at Emergo S. de R.L. de C.V. Feb 2014 - Feb 2015
Supported clients to obtain new product licenses and maintain compliance with the Mexican regulatory framework for their medical devices sold in Mexico.
English. Fluent speaker
Spanish. Native speaker
• Molecular biology and microbiology techniques (Primer desinging, PCR, Chromosomal and extrachromosomal DNA purification, DNA and protein electrophoresis, Electroporation, Western blot, Enzymatic activities, Molecular cloning, antibiograms, agar difusion test).
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking microbiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|