My first lesson is always free within which I will take the time to understand the students needs and any areas where they find difficulties within their subjects. Through my previous experiences in helping younger students with biology and chemistry, I can appreciate that not every student learns in the same way and my carefully planned lessons will reflect this. I am able to help with both homework and going through modules and chapters with the student. I can also provide extra worksheets, practice questions for OCR (and other exam boards) and go through exam technique with the student to increase their chances of success.
I aim to firstly understand any gaps in the foundation of their knowledge and remedy this with thorough guidance and then build upon this knowledge to ensure that the student achieves the best understanding of the subject as well as achieve the best marks they can. After this initial first lesson, I will craft a dedicated lesson plan for every session in order to cover areas of difficulties in as much depth as possible to ensure the student truly understands and receives the guidance they require.
I have a bachelors degree in Biochemistry and a masters degree in Cancer and Molecular Biology within which I have a distinction. I have A levels in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology and during my GCSEs I achieved A* in Biology and an A in Chemistry.
Previously, I helped students in years 7-11 in their Biology lessons to overcome difficult topics and to guide them in the application of their knowledge which helped with their exam technique.
I, also, have experience with teaching not only young but mature students as well as during my masters degree, I was often tasked by my supervisor to guide a fellow masters students in learning the subject area and techniques within which I am very competent.
If the tutee is within the Portishead area then the rate will be £14/hr, block of 5 lessons will be £67.50 and a block of 10 lessons will be £126.
University of Leicester, Leicester
(2018 – 2019)
1st MSc. (Honours) Cancer Cell and Molecular Biology
University of Leicester, Leicester
(2015 – 2018)
2.2 BSc. (Honours) Biological Sciences (Biochemistry)
Gordano School Sixth Form, Portishead
(2013 – 2015)
A-levels – Biology (B), Psychology (B) and Chemistry (C)
Redland High School for Girls, Bristol
(2010 – 2013)
GCSEs – Grades A* (4), A (5) and B (1) including Biology (A*), Chemistry (A), Physics (A), English Language (A*) and Mathematics (A)
Break Time Supervisory Assistant, High Down Schools, Portishead.
(October 2019 – Present)
• Actively ensuring the wellbeing and safety of children, between the ages of 4-11, during lunchtimes whilst they eat and play outdoors.
• Being very patient and kind yet firm with the children to enable a happy playing experience for them.
• Using attention to detail to ensure tidiness of both the playing and eating areas after the children finish.
Biology and Chemistry Subject Support, Gordano School, Portishead.
(September 2013 – December 2013)
• Using excellent interpersonal skills and detailed knowledge of the subject area to assist students 1-to-1 in developing their knowledge and overcoming difficulties with subject knowledge.
• Being patient, kind and encouraging in order to create a safe space for the student to ensure that they grow in their learning rather than feel dismayed.
• Reporting back to the teacher on the students performance and identify areas which require further work.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking molecular biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£70||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£135||£150|