I keep teaching light and fun! If teaching theory I will work through the ABRSM grade books aiding hard questions along the way and explaining every task fully as it is often difficult to understand what the task is asking of you. If I'm teaching performance from a beginner level we will work out techniques first, the background of the instrument and why do you want to learn before we start learning the notes!
I am a second-year undergraduate music student studying at the University of York whose core focuses are in performance, conducting and composing. I have Grade 8 flute, ARSM diploma in singing, Grade 6 classical saxophone (however I predominantly play jazz) and Grade 5 theory with distinction.
University of York / Ba(Hons) Music
September 2018 - September 2021
● Currently developing performance techniques as a conductor, singer
and wind player.
● Pursuing a module in conducting lead by John Stringer.
● Perform in Chamber choir, St Lawrence Parish Choir, Animas, jazz
bands, quartets and wind bands around York.
Guernsey Grammar School and Sixth form Centre /A Levels
September 2016 - July 2018
● A level: Music (C), Philosophy and Ethics (A), Art (B).
● Extended Study Project: Essay on Mozart’s Freemasonry: (A*).
● As Level: English Literature.
Guernsey Grammar School and Sixth form Centre /GCSE
September 2011 -September 2016
● GCSE’s: 1 A* in Religious Studies, 7 A's including Maths and
English Language and Drama, B in English Literature and C in
University of York - Flute Choir / Co-conductor
September 2018 - Present
● Performed in the Sir Jack Lyons Concert Hall at the University of
● Conducted a range of music from Cornelli, pop, Rutter and
traditional folk tunes.
Guernsey Music Centre /Conducting Workshop
July 2018 - July 2018
● Participated in a one day workshop conducting string quartets
and a small windband.
● Understood the basics of baton usage and its purpose.
● Developed cueing and pausing techniques.
● Educated on score preparation work and how to read a large
Guernsey Grammar School and Sixth form Centre /Training
September 2016 -July 2018
● Co-conducted the Training Windband which contains student
from the ages of 11-14.
● Conducted pieces such as Chattanooga Choo-Choo and Don’t
● Established a conducting and rehearsal style that was helpful for
beginner band members, for example, breaking down certain
passages to help students get the notes under their fingers.
Guernsey Music Centre / Conducted in rehearsals
September 2017- July 2018
● During rehearsals I have lead choral pieces written for SSA.
● Conducted small parts of the rehearsal or sectionals to help the
● Developed my conducting skills for choral music as I had no past
experience in choral conducting. I noticed the subtle changes of
beat in choral conducting which included focusing on the flow
and breath of melody.
Peripatetic / Music Teacher
July 2019 - Ongoing, York
● Demonstrates a high level of patience and flexibility when
working with students who are beginners.
● Teach vocal, flute and singing to a wide range of students.
● Excellent interpersonal skills required to organise lessons and to
School of Popular Music/ Peripatetic Teacher
April 2016- April 2016
● Taught piano, violin, drums and guitar and musical vocals at a
● Interpersonal skills were required to communicate with students
● Prepared students for musical grades through theory and
Guernsey Youth Community Theatre / Musical Director/
September 2015-January 2016
● Oversaw the musical production of the 25th Annual Putnam
County Spelling Bee. I played in the pit band on winds 1 part.
● Co-ordinated band rehearsals and make sure the equipment
such as drum kit and scores were ready for each rehearsal.
● Radio interview skills and working with the advertising segment.
● Collaborated with the co-director, producer, actors and other
disciplines to create a well-produced show.
Other Work Experience Orchard House - Residential Home/ Arts Coordinator
August 2019 - September 2020, Guernsey
● Organised and ran the arts programme in the residential home
which included music and art.
● Created a programme that provided flexible workshops around
the team at the home.
● Demonstrated a proactive approach to work as well as an
excellent creative flair; which was reflected in being asked back
to work during holiday times.
IoD - Management Shadowing - IPES/ Operations Manager
August 2017- August 2017
● Oversaw the administration of numerous investments and trust
funds and understanding the organisational skills needed to
create a systematic log for a large scale company.
● Interpersonal and communication skills were required to liaise
with the manager with overseeing seventy members of the
operational branch as well as taking conference calls from other
branches around the world in an exceptionally professional
● Displayed strong editing and proofreading skills through editing
important documents for the company.
Achievements and Hobbies ● 2018 - Present: Volunteer with Music Education Group -
organise workshops for students and the elderly.
○ Perform workshops such as African Drumming and
Gospel Singing in Primary schools.
○ Have conducted some choral workshops however,
conducting has relied on cues and keeping tempo.
○ Committee member and events coordinator - organise
fundraising parties and charity related events.
● 2019 - Present: Co-organise and set up a student-run saxophone
quartet ‘The Power Four’.
○ Perform with confidence and regularly.
○ Organise events in jazz clubs and concert halls.
● 2019: Captain of York University College basketball team.
● 2019: Awarded the York Award for active participation in
● 2019: A volunteer Brownie Leader for Girl Guiding UK.
● 2018: Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award.
● Trinity Grade 8 with Distinction on Classical Flute.
● ARSM Diploma with Distinction for Vocal Studies.
● Trinity Grade 6 Saxophone.
● ABRSM Grade 5 theory with Distinction.
singing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music theory lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, composition lessons for all!
Taking musicology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£22||Not available||£22|
|5 hours||£90||Not available||£110|
|10 hours||£180||Not available||£220|