I am a passionate freelance musician with a wealth of knowledge regarding many areas of music. I have trained at prestigious institutions and formally specialised in classical, jazz and modern music.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Jazz Piano, Blues Piano, Commercial and Pop Piano, Classical Piano, Improvisation, Harmony, Music Theory, Composition, Music Production, Saxophone, Song-writing
- Tell me about your qualifications.
BMus in Jazz and Modern Music (specializing in piano)
BA in Music (specializing in piano)
Grade 8 piano
Grade 7 saxophone
- How much do you charge?
I charge £25 teaching from my home in Molesey and there is a fee of £5 extra to teach at a student's house (to cover travel costs).
I also teach from a professional recording studio in Chelsea: (concealed information) . This is normally for the more serious students looking to develop as artists/song-writers (although beginners are welcome :) ). It offers state of the art equipment and services to record demos or have your music professionally produced. Classes are £50/hr.
- Where do you teach?
I teach from home or the studio but also go to student's homes.
Areas covered: Greater London, Surrey, London, West Molesey, East Molesey, Hampton Court, Thames Ditton, Surbiton, Hinchley Wood, Long Ditton, Kingston upon Thames, Teddington, Hampton Wick, Norbiton, Hersham, Walton-on-Thames, Balham, Richmond, Twickenham, Chelsea, Putney, Parsons Green, Central London, Kensington, Wimbledon, West Brompton, Earls Court, Victoria, Notting Hill, Westminister.
- When are you available?
I am available during the week and at weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages and abilities although most of my private students are intermediate-advanced.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
ABRSM exams (All grades) Classical and Jazz.
Entry exams for Conservatoires and Music Academies.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I am able to teach via Skype.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Feel free to contact me to discuss your musical needs and arrange the first lesson! :)
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have taught in 4 different institutions. I always receive excellent feedback from students, parents and employers. I also have 100% pass rate from students who have taken performance exams (ABRSM/Trinity).
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
Royal College of Music (JD)
Conservatorio del Liceu, Barcelona
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
• BMus in Jazz and Modern Music (Conservatorio del Liceu, Barcelona)
• BA in Music (transferred) (Bristol University)
• CRB checked
• PRS for music
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|