As a current German language student, I understand the difficulties of tackling a new language, which I address in my fun and interactive teaching style. I believe learning a language shouldn't be a forced process, but allowed to happen naturally while having fun in the process! From my experience, I understand the importance of speaking practice, and therefore try to maximize the amount of student talking time within a lesson. I always ask my students for constant feedback, to ensure they are getting the highest possible benefit out of each lesson.
I am a British Environmental Biology graduate with TEFL certification, currently teaching English at all levels from A1 to B2 in Winterthur. I thoroughly enjoy the planning and deliverance of fun and interactive classes for both adult and young learners. I have a passion for learning, personal development and travel; passions I believe I bring to the classroom as an effective, energetic and enthusiastic TEFL teacher.
- Teacher training for A1 level students at Bene Sprechkurse, Winterthur.
>2018 (February): TEFL Org UK.
- 30-hour TEFL Business English certificate.
- Learned the differences between regular TEFL and business TEFL, and how to implement these differences into a lesson to enhance their effectiveness for business people.
- Learned how to conduct a needs analysis to tailor my lessons to the specific needs of the client.
>2017 (July): TEFL Org UK.
- 120-hour certificate (20 hours classroom teacher training).
- Acquired knowledge in a diverse range of TEFL methodologies, including lesson planning, classroom management and teaching adult learners.
- Gained proficient knowledge of English grammar, and ways to teach this in fun and stimulating ways.
- Gained practical teaching experience.
This course filled me with enthusiasm for teaching, and has given me great confidence when stepping into the classroom as a TEFL tutor.
2015: 1st class honours BSc Environmental Biology, Lancaster University (October 2012 – July 2015).
2011: A2 Geography A*- History A - Biology B.
2010: AS English C - General Studies B.
2009: 11 GCSE’s A* to C including Maths, English and French.
2013: Duke of Edinburgh Gold (Bronze and Silver also achieved).
2011: Academy Excellence Awards Science category winner (national essay competition).
Currently completing B1 level German.
Proficient in all Microsoft office programs.
> 05/2018 – Present: Linguasud English Teacher, Winterthur, Switzerland.
Teaching English at A1 and B2 level, to small groups of adults, following the New Headway English syllabus.
> 11/2017 – Present: Bene Sprechkurse English Teacher, Winterthur, Switzerland.
Teaching English at levels A1, A2, B1 and B2 to small groups of adults and children, following the Cambridge English syllabus.
- Planning and deliverance of interactive lessons, with emphasis on speaking.
- Tailoring lessons to be suitably challenging for individual students.
- Providing feedback in a positive, constructive manner.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£21|