I use a direct and communicative method. I encourage an active involvement of the student in speaking and listening to the foreign language in everyday situations. The student gradually builds his/her vocabulary and understands the grammatical structure. I also encourage the student to think in the target language rather than relying on translating words.
To achieve these goals, I incorporate in my lessons online Arabic and French shows, songs, movies, recorded phone conversations about daily life situations in the Arab and francophone countries, newspapers, magazines, and, other cultural means in order to help students learn not jut the target language but also the culture.
For beginners, we start by learning the alphabet and the sounds while explaining the differences in pronunciation between regions. Since Arabic pronunciation is consistent, learning how to read allows the student to continue acquiring new vocabulary without needing a teacher. In addition to that, I explain word roots and how to use them to figure out new words meanings.
We also discuss Islamic beliefs, traditions, narratives, Quran and Hadith
I am a native speaker of Arabic and a certified teacher with 20+ years of experience teaching Arabic. I create online Arabic courses published on Udemy such as the following course:
1- Modern Standard
2- Classical Arabic
3- Levantine dialect spoken in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Palestine
4- Egyptian dialect
5- Gulf dialect spoken in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Iraq
6- North African Darija spoken in Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and Mauritania
7- Arabic and Islamic cultures
The rate is the same.
Université des Sciences, Casablanca, Morocco
Centre Pédagogique Régional, Casablanca, Morocco
Fields of study: Biology, geology, chemistry, physics, math, Arabic/French, terminology, methodology, pedagogy, and psychology
***** Teaching Certificate
***** Bachelor’s degree
Conservatoire de Musique, Chant, Dance, et Art Dramatique, Casablanca, Morocco
Fields of study: Dramatic art, solfeggio, guitar and ballet/modern dance
Master Degree in Drama /Theatre
Massachusetts Medical Interpreters Association (MMIA): Arabic, French and English medical terminology certificate
+++++ Teaching and training experience
• Taught MSA at Rhode Island College
• Teach Intensive Arabic courses to government professionals, especially FBI agents, including Modern Standard Arabic, Levantine and Egyptian dialects, in addition to the Arabic and Islamic cultures. We also cover aspects of the Quran and Hadith
• Help high school students prepare for the French National Exam
• Help college students prepare for written and oral French exams such as Tufts University students.
• Tutor college students and help them with their Arabic assignments. I have worked with students from Harvard, BU, Tufts, Boston College and other universities from around USA.
• Train doctors in Gulf, Egyptian and Levantine dialects in addition to North African Darija
• Train business professionals in several Arabic dialects
• Taught Intensive French courses to government professionals with emphasis on francophone cultures
• Taught Modern Standard Arabic at the Center For Arabic Culture, Newton, MA
• Created, developed, and, taught a Levantine, Egyptian and North African dialects curriculum for the Center for Arabic Culture
• Taught Arabic and French for several foreign language schools and after school programs in the Boston area
• Taught French at The French Cultural Center
Taught science in high school and junior high school in in French and Arabic for a period of 5 years in Morocco
After school program director and teacher
Created and directed an after school program serving several schools and daycares in the Boston area. My responsibilities included Arabic and French curriculum development, marketing, hiring and training teachers, and, teaching some of the classes.
+++++ Translation, interpreting and voice-over experience
Worked as an Arabic and French translator/interpreter/voiceover talent at law offices, hospitals, Immigration court, Department of Industrial Accident Court, Probate Court, several Tech companies and other businesses
Detailed translation, interpreting and voiceover talent resume is provided upon request
Brought under contract an Arabic movie titled “Goodbye Mothers” which was seen at West Newton Cinema in Newton, MA and Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Worcester, MA. The movie highlights Israeli recruitment of Moroccan Jews
Created and recorded on videocassettes a series of French lessons used in High Schools and colleges. It is currently used by French teachers at Boston College.
Guest speaker on three “Tour de France” shows organized by the French Cultural Center for Educational Television Channels
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£29||£29|
|5 hours||Not available||£25||£146|
|10 hours||Not available||£22||£291|