I have a clear and thorough teaching style and will go at the pace that is right for you/your child. From experience being a teacher I have up to date knowledge on the syllabus and will ensure all topics are covered. I focus on making students comfortable and confident in the subject and can help with exam technique as well as content.
I'm a Neuroscience student at the University of Manchester and I have considerable experience in tutoring Mathematics and Science at Key Stage 2 and 3, and GCSE level.
I also have experience being a teacher in a high school and a summer school which helps me out when tutoring to be up to date on the current syllabus and to come fully prepared.
I am achieving a First class grade at University, and completed my A levels 3 years ago. Having achieved an A* in Biology and an A in Mathematics, I am more than confident in teaching Biology up until and including A-level and Mathematics up to the level of GCSE.
Previous school qualifications:
GCSE Maths and Further Maths: A*
GCSE Further Additional Science: A*
A-level Maths: A
A-level Biology: A*
A-level Physics: B
Second year at University: 76%
Rates vary according to the distance required to travel. Preferred method is online tutoring.
AUG 2019 – FEB 2020 Researcher, University of Huddersfield and University of Manchester
• Lab based research into causes of multiple sclerosis and neuropathic pain to improve diagnosis and treatment.
OCT 2015 – present Tutor, self-employed
• Give one-to-one sessions to students between years 4-13 to build their confidence in subjects they are struggling with. This requires thorough planning for each lesson which is personalised to the needs of the student.
JUN - JUL 2019 STEM intern, Chorlton High School, Manchester
• Had teacher training, experienced being a maths teacher in a high school and co-leading lessons. This required vast adaptability, self-confidence and excellent communication skills.
• Carried out my own project aimed at encouraging students to explore career options they may not have previously considered as I am passionate that this should be taught more in schools.
JUL - AUG 2018 Teacher, LITE Regal Education, UCL
• Led a six-week summer camp for international students aged 9-13. This required excellent organisation and leadership skills, being easily approachable and enthusiastic.
• Planned each lesson in advance which required adaptability and taking the initiative to ensure the students were engaged and benefitted from the lessons, as well as managing conflicting requests between parents and students.
• Taught a range of STEM subjects as well as arranging and leading outings around London.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£12|
|5 hours||Not available||£85||£60|
|10 hours||Not available||£150||£120|