I have tutored a wide range of subjects and students of different abilities. I prefer to tailor my tuition to each student's particular needs - catering to the methods in which the student learns best, be they visual, auditory or kinesthetic. I like to create a friendly atmosphere in my lessons so that my students feel at ease.
Hi, I'm a private tutor with one year's experience of subject tutoring for ages 5 to 18. I have also taught English as a second language to children, teens and adults - both in private classes and in primary and secondary school settings in Spain. I have worked for a year as an English language assistant with a particular focus on conversation.
I can tutor a wide range of school subjects, ranging from English and Maths to Spanish and History as I've just graduated from the University of Oxford with a degree in History and Spanish.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Rates and travel costs will vary according to the needs of the student, so please do contact me to discuss your specific situation.
Education St Hugh’s College, University of Oxford (October 2014 – June 2019, featuring a Year Abroad in Spain)
BA in History and Spanish, 2:1
With a Distinction in the Colloquial Use of Spanish
Mossbourne Community Academy (September 2007 – August 2014)
- A-Levels: History (A), Maths (A*), Spanish (A*) and Turkish (A*)
- AS-Levels: History (A), Maths (A), Spanish (A), Turkish (A) and Physics (A)
- BTEC: Applied Science (Distinction*)
- FSMQ: Additional Mathematics (A)
- GCSEs: 12 A*s (English Language and Literature, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Spanish, History, Geography, ICT, Religious Studies and Turkish)
* October 2016 – May 2017 Secondary School English Teacher (IES Las Musas for British Council) - I took ownership over organisation and planning of classes for a range of age groups, with a particular focus on communication skills. This involved developing tailored activities to students and providing comprehensive written feedback on student development to circulate with other staff members.
- I was responsible for behavioural management within the classroom and often accompanied students on extracurricular school trips.
* March – May 2017 Language assistant and class tutor (CEIP Álvaro de Bazán) - I was responsible for supervising students for an hour during the day at their primary school: I organised speaking activities for young people, especially in learning English.
- Due to my skills in this area, I was then invited to take the position of a class tutor. I was responsible for supervising classes and coordinating with parents/other staff members in my lesson plans.
* October 2016 – June 2017 and October – December 2018 Private tutor - This included delivering ESOL (English as a Second Language) classes to adults and young learners.
- I also assisted Key Stage 2 and 3 learners, with English, Maths and other related subjects.
* October – December 2018 Student Tutoring at Team Up - Working with small groups of young students from low-income/disadvantaged backgrounds, to facilitate and improve their learning experience
- Due to my support for these students, they were able to improve their grades by a significant margin and felt more confident, going into their examinations.
* October – December 2018 Into University: Student Volunteer - Assisted in providing academic support to students from disadvantaged backgrounds, to enhance their progress.
* September – December 2018 Tutoring with RefuNet - Supporting adult refugees (predominantly Syrian) to improve their communication skills in English
- Given the traumatic nature of their experiences, this involved being acutely sensitive to their needs and ensuring that each student was supported to learn to the best of their potential.
* February – July 2017 Culturas Unidas (Spain): Volunteer - Empowering young children from immigrant backgrounds to manage their school work and overcome cultural barriers they may have faced in schools.
* November 2015 – June 2016 CoachBright - I received training to become a mentor and coach to 2 young people from disadvantaged backgrounds; this included facilitating discussion with these individuals on how to achieve their academic potential and set SMART targets to progress towards these goals.
academic tutoring lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|