I teach to the needs of the student, but I prefer activities-based and hands-on learning, whereby my requirements of the student are high, but I compliment that by providing a lot of examples which I produce myself. I give lessons to G.C.S.E., A-level and degree level.
I'm a current student in history who has experience tutoring over the course of four years, including to international students. I have also worked professionally as a legal assistant and am able to offer careers advice to prospective students alongside lessons in history, politics and current affairs.
• Confident and respectful with both colleagues and clients.
• Punctual and presentable to the standard of professional office environments.
• Responsible and honest.
• Experienced telephonist.
• Knowledge of journalistic practices.
• Strong researcher.
• April 2020 – May 2020 – Worked as a patient care adviser on the NHS 111 COVID-19 response team line, completing assessments of individuals presenting with symptoms and referring them to further services if necessary.
• December 2019 – Customer advisor in a call centre for Sitel, contracted for Whirlpool to handle customer queries and offer advice over recall campaign.
• August 2019 – October 2019– Work as a tour guide for international students across Oxford. Engaged with students with low English proficiency, and have had to improvise to changes in schedule. Have worked with several different companies.
• June – September 2019 – Worked in a public facing role for Magdalen College. Operated the till in both the ticket office and the shop. Also ran tours for the public throughout the college and assisted with re-stocking and labour. Counted the taking at the end of the day.
• Monday 11th – Sunday 24th March 2019 – Worked as a paid fund-raiser for Magdalen College: phoning alumni, building a rapport and securing donations for the college. Achieved top fund-raiser by securing most donations.
• June – September 2018 – Legal assistant in the New Homes team of a solicitor’s office. Responsible for administrative and telephone duties, as well as reviewing title deeds, researching plot sites, performing bankruptcy checks and completing payment of stamp duty land tax.
• May 2018 – Sales advisor in a call centre for VanPlus, a distribution and delivery company. Phoned customers who had previously expressed interest and booked in jobs for drivers to complete. Also handled incoming calls in the form of queries, questions and complaints.
• January – February 2018 – Worked as a paid fundraiser with Leela Promotions, going door to door and pitching charitable donations to members of the public. This role involved careful planning and research of potential sites to pitch in as well as requiring close adherence to rules and regulations.
• 2013 – Worked as the team leader on a small business project, creating a brand, preparing a product, running a shop and selling to members of the public, ultimately turning a profit.
• Worked as head library monitor in my school library, helping behind the desk in the stationary shop and assisting in the checking out and returning of library books.
• Performed role as a reading assistant for younger students, helping those who struggled with comprehension to improve their reading and speaking skills.
• Have given several voluntary talks to younger students about options for higher education, discussing my experiences and answering questions where necessary.
• Have worked in an adversary capacity with the Umbrella Union, a non-profit organisation advocating for political freedoms in Hong Kong.
2018 – Present – Magdalen College, the University of Oxford
Currently reading history at an undergraduate level at Magdalen College, Oxford.
2010 – 2017 – Hele’s School
QUALIFICATION SUBJECT GRADE
GCSE English Literature A*
GCSE English Language A*
GCSE Maths A
GCSE Science (Core) A
GCSE Science (Additional) A
GCSE French A
GCSE History A*
GCSE Religious Studies A*
GCSE Citizenship A
GCSE Drama B
A-Level English Literature A
A-Level History A
A-Level Philosophy and Ethics A
A-Level Extended Project A*
• Took part in several theatre productions, including a major role in Oliver Twist.
• Part of my school’s debating team at a competitive level.
• Ran a mock election campaign and took part in a husting, winning the popular vote.
• Section Editor for Pink and Comment sections of The Oxford Student Newspaper, later joined senior editorial team as a Deputy Editor.
• Incumbent Director of Communications of the Oxford Forum for International Development for 2021.
• Selected to participate in the Japanese Empowerment Programme 2020 (due to the Coronavirus I was unable to pursue this opportunity).
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest current affairs lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, politics lessons for all!
Taking journalism lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£70||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£135||£100|