I start every tutoring relationship with a conversation, and tailor my sessions accordingly. If the student is preparing for an exam, we may organize tests; if they're struggling with constructing proofs, we might go right back to basics. Together, we develop a plan, and then in lessons, I'm attentive. The way I explain solutions is always shaped by the student's personal reactions, and feedback. I learn from them about how they think about things, and help them expand that thinking into new arenas.
I've studied maths at Oxford University, with a particular interest in statistics and functional analysis. I've been tutoring A level maths for the past four years, and undergraduate maths for the last year. I'm passionate about helping you to meet your goals.
2021 - MMath Mathematics, Balliol College, University of Oxford
• Predicted a first class classification
2016 - Yarm School, Yarm
• A levels: Mathematics A*, Further Mathematics A*, Physics A*, Chemistry (AS) A
• Awarded an Ogden physics scholarship
• STEP I, II, III: 1, 1, 1
2014 - Hurworth School, Darlington
• GCSEs: 7A*, 2A including A* in Mathematics and English
2017-21 - Maths Tutor, Freelancer
• GCSE Mathematics for clients of all ages
• First year undergraduate Statistics
• First year Analysis and Probability
• Created original notes, problem sheets and solutions using LaTeX
2020-21 - Grader and Teaching Assistant, Art of Problem Solving
• Graded and assisted with teaching mathematical child prodigies
• The first year undergraduate material was brand new to them, so I had to explain
concepts in full rigor, deepening my technical understanding
• Developed positive communication style to deliver highly challenging and nuanced
feedback to 8-13 year old clientele
2016 - Oxbridge workshops, Hurworth School
• Delivered an Oxbrdige presentation followed by a STEM interviews workshop to 20
gifted and talented pupils
• Delivered mock interviews and MAT-style questions through a collaborative,
• Since students were just at GCSE level, I taught prerequisites when required
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, statistics lessons for all!
Taking further maths lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|