I take a highly flexible, student centred approach to teaching. Everyone learns best in different ways, and one-to-one tuition presents an opportunity for a high level of student-specific stylistic customisation to suit individual needs which I seek to capitalise on. I have developed this approach over the course of many years of tutoring. In practice it manifests as a marriage of my understanding that it's generally constructive to actively solicit feedback from my tutees with my own discretion based on experience.
I believe that warmth, patience, and enthusiasm are essential characterises of all good tutors, and these are qualities I aspire to embody as I teach. For mathematics in particular, I also think that it's important for tutors to have an exceptionally clear understanding of the concepts they're trying to teach. This permits one to switch between many different explanations and allegorical representations of a single topic, in that hope that one particular conceptualisation will resonate with the student. I consider myself to have such an understanding of the concepts covered in GCSE Mathematics and Statistics, and Mathematics and Further Mathematics A-levels, and I feel confident in my ability to impart this to my students.
- I studied an integrated master's degree in Engineering Sciences at Oxford University where I graduated in 2017 with first-class honours.
- Throughout my degree I specialised in machine learning, information processing, computer vision, robotics, and control engineering.
- My masters thesis was on research I conducted into developing machine learning algorithms for the prediction of the weather and climate.
- I have six years of experience working as a private maths tutor, offering both home visits and Skype tuition.
- I have one year of experience working as tutor at Oxford International College. There I taught Maths, Further Maths, and Physics A-levels; taught the MAT, PAT, and STEP university admissions tests; provided interview coaching and feedback on personal statements; and ran extra-curricular sessions on the study of engineering at university.
- I have two years of experience volunteering as a tutor for the Oxford based education charity Schools Plus. There I taught GCSE Mathematics to deprived students in an under performing school.
- I have two years of experience volunteering as a tutor for the Oxford based education charity Jacari. There I taught English language skills to young ESL students from immigrant families.
- I have experience working as a counsellor at various summer schools in Oxford.
- I have experience teaching GCSEs and A-levels across a wide range of different exam boards.
Please offer a full 24 hours of notice if you need to make a cancellation, otherwise I will still invoice you for the lesson.
University admissions (interview coaching and admissions tests) pricing:
Please note I charge an additional £5 per hour for teaching these topics.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£33||£22|
|5 hours||Not available||£52||£110|
|10 hours||Not available||£75||£220|