I have a history of tutoring dating back to when I was a school student myself, thus understanding the importance of goal keeping and progress measuring. I believe it is crucial for a tutor to understand the individual needs of each student to best tailor support material, lessons and teaching techniques. Unless requested against, my first session with new students usually will consist of a test and detailed run through conversation to establish the student’s strengths and areas of concern. I can also help students with university applications (including preparation for the STEP Cambridge and Warwick entrance paper), UCAS, and all things career-related (specifically routes into investment banking and other corporate industries).
I can travel to you or we can arrange skype lessons. My experience in the recent years is limited due to me being at university, which is why I will be offering an extremely competitive hourly rate until I have built an established portfolio.
I am a recent Mathematics graduate from a leading Russell Group university, with A-levels in Maths, Further Maths and Physics. My main focuses will be Mathematics and Physics at all levels. My passion for Mathematics has inspired me to help aspiring university undergraduates achieve the best possible foundation needed to succeed at a top tier institution. My deep understanding of Mathematics allows me to portray conceptual ideas to students that will help them not only pass an exam but be able to understand and navigate through complex problems in their future educational careers. I have extensive knowledge of corporate industries, including but not limited to, Investment Banking, Asset Management and Professional Services.
Rates will vary upto £5 depending on location, level of student and improvement needed for the student.
Sep 15 – June 18 University of Nottingham
BSc Hons Mathematics G100- 2:1
Sep 06 – Jun 13 Lampton School, London
A-levels: Mathematics- A, Further Maths-B, Physics –C (underachieved due to extenuating circumstances)
AS-levels: Mathematics -A, Further Maths-A, Physics -A, Psychology- C
GCSEs: 5A*s, 6As, 1B including Maths-A and English Language-A
Received Jack Petchey Award for Speak out Challenge
Received two Gold and one Silver Award from UK Mathematics Trust
Investec, Inspire Programme
• Expanded insight into private banking and wealth management
Barclays, Spring Insight Week
• Elaborated on my knowledge of the industry with specific roles within each department
• Shadowed Sales and Trading with a very detailed insight into daily activities such as bids for Convertible bonds
• Front office rotational programme across markets and IBD, learning in depth about departments such as ECM, DCM, Leveraged Finance and Research -which are not as advertised as M&A or Equity Trading
• Opportunity to network with very senior people in every department such as the Global Head of Sales
Jan 12 – Feb 14 Homz Harts, Sales Assistant
• Managed deliveries and invoices
• Improved customer service and interpersonal skills through effectively solving customer queries
Aug 13 Barclays, 3 Day Work Experience via SEO Scholars
• Learnt what IBD is in depth- Participated in case studies and activities
• Undertook an evaluated case study used in graduate assessment centres with great feedback
• Shadowed Technology, Human Resources and the IBD division to gain a more hands on insight
July 13 HSBC, Insight day
• Gained an insight into the specific roles of IBD within HSBC
• Networked with professionals within IBD and Sales and Trading
July 13 JP Morgan, Insight programme
• Trading Stimulation and case studies for IBD
• Developed a key understanding of Captial Markets and their role within Sales and Trading
• Opportunity to speak to senior level professionals about the advantages and disadvantages of working for JP
July 13 Morgan Stanley, Step In Step Up Programme
• Gained an insight into investment banking and the different teams within the bank
• Networked with professionals within IBD
• Learnt in depth the process of Commodity Trading
Jul 12 Cambridge Associates, Intern
• Gained an insight into the finance industry through shadowing professionals
• Developed communication skills through attending investment manager meetings
• Presented to senior managers, increased public speaking ability
Mar 12 Citi Bank, Insight day
• Gained an insight into investment banking and the different teams within the bank and improved networking skills
• Presented to over 100 spectators, increased public speaking ability
Feb 12 Goldman Sachs, Inspire Programme
• Developed problem solving skills through a trading stimulation game
• Networked with managers and investors on trading floor
• Built confidence and communication skills through speaking to senior level management
2018 MENSA member
2013 Raised £10,000 for two charities with 2 other people
2013 Chosen for First year Fast Track investment banking for SEO
2012 Chosen for High Achieving Women for Cambridge Summer School
2012 Selected for Headstart Maths Residential course at Royal Holloway
2012 Selected for LSE Choice Maths Programme –summer school at LSE
2012 Imperial Summer School for Physics, and Villiers Park Maths Summer School
2011 Achieved Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
2016-2017 Treasurer for The Springboard Project Committee at university
2014 Tutor and mentor for a group of AS students in Lampton Sixth Form for Maths and Physics for 2 years
2013 Organised my own Maths Society and Investment Banking society in Sixth Form and was President in each one
SKILLS AND INTERESTS
• Languages –English (fluent), Hindi (fluent), Urdu (fluent) and Katchi (fluent), Gujarati (Intermediate)
• Skydiving, Rock climbing, Basketball, Travelling, Photography and Cryptography.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£95||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£185||£100|