I have a very independent style of teaching, which encourages the student to think for themselves and become used to methods and techniques faster. I like to use a combination of demonstration, participation, discussion and memorisation when needed.
Although I have an idea of what works for most students, I also like to get to know my student's specific learning style and adapt my lesson plans to suit them and ensure that they are receiving the best help for them.
I am a 3rd year Pharmacy student working towards my Masters degree, I have a lot of experience in the pharmaceutical industry and this means that I use Maths, Chemistry and Biology on a daily basis.
I also have great written skills and excelled at GCSE English, and have done some work editing manuscripts and scientific journals.
I also have over a years experience working with primary school children in a classroom setting as an assistant, helping the students with Maths, English and Reading.
For GCSE level tuition - £10/hr
For A-level tuition - £15/hr
If you would like to discuss group rates and multiple hour rates then please get in contact.
Address: 68 Romway Road, LE5 5SB, Leicester MOBILE: (concealed information)5
EMAIL: (concealed information)
A conscientious and clinically orientated 2nd year Pharmacy student with over 18 months of experience as a Pharmacy advisor at Boots. A demonstrator of accurate preparation and dispensary of medication, and deliverer of advice to patients from all backgrounds and ages on the safe and effective use of medicine.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Pharmacy Advisor – Boots, Birstall (September 2018 – April 2020)
• Dispensing and ensuring the safe supply of medicine to patients.
• Ensuring operational effectiveness by sustaining dispensary upkeep, by date-checking medication/stock, and retrieval maintenance.
• Carrying out technical operations in the dispensary, e.g. balancing the Controlled Drugs record/dispensing methadone.
• Conducting tailored conversations with customers depending on their query/ailment to ensure that they are informed and confident about their healthcare needs.
• Encouraging the adoption of additional pharmacy services and offerings.
Sales Advisor – Waitrose, Leicester (March 2018 – August 2018)
• Advising and serving customers in a caring manner, providing an exemplary shopping experience.
• Moving/replenishing stock, ensuring all produce is fresh, and in date.
• Reducing wastage, replenishing stock (to maintain availability) and organisation of correct pricing on aisles.
Classroom Assistant – Woodland Grange Primary, Oadby (2014 -2017)
• Helped in the children’s weekly guitar lessons and taught them how to strum/tune guitars.
• Offered weekly reading support for children who struggle in that area or for those with a language
Community pharmacy Experience – Moin’s Chemist, Leicester (October 2016)
• Volunteer work at a local pharmacy where I first learned to dispense medication.
• Shadowed a pharmacist whilst he was dispensing, conducting consultations and undertaking flu jabs.
Pharmaceutical industry experience – Quotient Clinical, Nottingham (October 2014)
• Shadowing a formulation from an analytical scientist and assisting in their manufacture/testing of drugs.
• Practiced techniques to test the effectiveness and outcomes of drugs post-clinical trials.
De Montfort University (2017 – present)
Pharmacy (MPharm), 2018 – present. Key course aspects include: Integrated work placements at both community pharmacies and in hospitals, course specific lab practicals, and mock dispensary roleplays.
Biomedical Science (BSc), 2017 -2018.
Leicester High School (2008 – 2017)
A-Levels: Psychology (B), Biology (C) & Chemistry (E).
GCSEs: 11 GCSE’s at A-B, incl. Mathematics (A) and English Language (B).
Charity Retail – Oxfam, Oadby (2015 -2017)
• Operating as a sales assistant, working a cash register, general sorting and stock organisation.
• Team-Working – Excellent at working in a team, by leveraging skillsets and timely completing collaborative tasks.
• Relationship development – Unique ability to build a trusting rapport with individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
• Conscientiousness – Diligent and reliable individual, keen to maintain a consistently high standard in work performed.
• First aid – Qualified in basic first aid and resuscitation.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND LEISURE INTERESTS
• Completed the Duke of Edinburgh Bronze, Silver and Gold Award.
• Attended a weekly Scouting group that is run by the Scouting Association and am now a qualified scout leader.
• As an avid hiker I have reached the summit of both Snowdon and Scafell Pike on multiple occasions.
• Qualified Official Jr. PADI Scuba Diver (up to depths of 40ft).
• I have taught myself to sew, and often produce unique, self-made pieces to my wardrobe.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|