I teach undergraduates based on a student's needs. This could be a broad conversation about how to approach a topic or essay question, help with structuring and research methods, or reviewing knowledge. It depends entirely on what is required from the course.
I have been helping students with essay writing, structure, research and grammar for 5 years. Often covering topics such as aesthetics, philosophy of perception, epistemology, Wittgenstein and more. I have helped dozens of students complete essay and dissertations, all of which have gone on to complete degrees.
MA Philosophy, University of Kent, 2010 – 2012
BA Philosophy, University of Kent, 2007 – 2010
Director/News editor, Hastings Independent Press CIC, October 2013 – Present
• Founding member and director.
• Contributed to the structure and working practices of the volunteer led, not-for-profit, community newspaper.
• Leading role on editorial board.
• Gained experience in: advertising sales, copy writing, sitting on the board of directors, editing all sections of the paper, investigative reporting, networking and distribution.
• Tendered and awarded a contract from Hastings Borough Council for £11,500.
Assistant Editor, World ECR, June 2016 – December 2016
• Edited articles from legal experts from over 20 different countries.
• Hosted the WorldECR 2016 London Conference.
• Contributed feature articles to the WorldECR journal of export controls and sanctions.
Director, Carbon Creative Arts CIC, August 2012 – September 2015
• Initiated an alternative art blog cultivating over 3,000 followers.
• Awarded £5,000 Star People award to invest in our company.
• Renovated a dilapidated basement space into a white wall gallery and art shop.
• Ran regular exhibitions, workshops and shows, often working with artists who are disabled, disadvantaged or suffering from mental ill health.
• Provided an outlet for several shops and craftspeople on a sale-or-return basis.
• Coordinated with local social enterprises and charities to put on exhibitions.
• Awarded £3,000 internship grant from Sussex University.
• Managed several volunteers and an intern.
Volunteer, Slam Dunk Poetry, November 2015 – December 2016
• Distributed fliers, booked advertising and organised online publicity.
• Hosted monthly poetry slams, taking money at the door, compering, and hosting performers.
• Managed a small budget of around £150 per month.
• Organised schedule of performers.
Social: organising in groups, management, welfare, events coordination, project management, mediation.
Digital: Wordpress, Microsoft, SEO, content management, copy writing, marketing.
Written: creative writing, academia, interviewing, journalism, editing, subediting.
Construction: painting and decorating, garden maintenance, roofing, landscaping.
Health: fitness, diet, running and weight training.
Reading: literature, philosophy, politics and art journals.
Recreation: good coffee, live music and dog walking.
References Available Upon Request
philosophy lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest current affairs lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, civics lessons for all!
Taking art history lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|