My teaching style is based on individual or small group mentoring and is largely dependent on the students and their needs. Beginning sessions focus on getting to know their strengths and weaknesses and then working from there. Most of the time I expect the students to have an idea of the areas they struggle with and work with them by providing explanations, varied examples and methods for solving problems and learning to overcome obstacles by themselves rather than waiting for answers to be provided to them. I am always patient with my students and don't mind spending more time on problems that they find more challenging.
I graduated with BSc in Physics and Mathematics at the University of Liverpool in December 2017. I have experience at Mentoring dating back to secondary school and throughout my time at the university as a part-time job. To date, I have worked with +50 individual students of different ages, academic and social backgrounds, and have had many of them report back to me with improvements in their exam performance.
BSc Physics and Mathematics, University of Liverpool (Dec 2017)
• Completed a wide range of Physics and Mathematics modules, including Algebra and Calculus, Classical and Quantum Mechanics, Statistics, and Materials Physics
• Experience in lab work, setting up experiments and presentations involving handling of hazardous materials
• Completed many group and solo assignments and wrote detailed reports to a deadline.
A-Levels, St Francis of Assisi CTC (Jun 2014)
• Mathematics B, Physics C, Product Design B, Polish A, General Studies D
AS-Level, St Francis of Assisi CTC (Jun 2013)
• Religious Education E, Extended Project B
10 GCSEs, St Francis of Assisi CTC (Jun 2012)
• English C, Mathematics A, +7 GCSEs Grade B or above
European/International Computer Driving License, St Francis of Assisi CTC (Jun 2012)
• Level 1 Pass, Level 2 Pass
Student Advocate – Part-Time Casual
Widening Participation Office, University of Liverpool (Nov 2014 – July 2017)
• As a Student Advocate, my job was to help encourage young students to continue into a university course as part of the government-sponsored Widening Participation program with the aim of increasing the number and proportion of students heading into Higher Education.
• My assignments ranged from Campus tours, speeches and fun activities, to weekly mentoring classes held at schools and ethnic community centres with the goal of helping students improve their GCSE and A-Level results.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking other sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|