- Hourly rate £55
- Response Time 1h
- Number of students 42
1st lesson free!
Practical, friendly online Structural Engineering assistance in London, 7 years industry experience
- By webcam
About the lesson
I ensure I prepare thoroughly for each session, working ahead to ensure the time spent with the student is efficient and productive.
I email the student ahead of the session with materials and examples to help during the session.
- Civil engineering
- A Level
I am a chartered structural engineer with 7 years experience working in building structures. I achieved my engineering degree in Adelaide with first class honours and worked for 4 years in Australia before moving to the UK in 2014.
I have experience teaching students at high school level, acting as a teaching assistant at The University of Adelaide and also mentoring young engineers in the work environment. My approach to tutoring is to focus on getting the concepts and approach correct, and to share my work experiences with my students
I no longer work as a consulting engineer, but still put considerable time and effort towards tutoring in addition to my new career. In my experience as a consulting engineer, the thing I enjoyed the most was working with young engineers, and I am happy that I can continue to do this!
Excellent! Easy to understand
Perfect! Super clear explanation, feel a lot more confident now.
Perfect! William is an excellent tutor, he is very professional and knowledgeable and helped me understand influence lines. I had only 2 lessons with him but found them enjoyable. Thank you William
- William's response : Amardev was a great student. He had a good understanding of the fundamentals and was a quick learner.
Good luck Amardev!
Perfect! Will is a great tutor. He's helping me a lot and he's giving me great support on my preparation for job interviews.
- William's response : Together with Giorgia we are working on improving her ability to quickly solve shear force and bending moment diagrams and understanding truss behaviour. Giorgia has a good grasp of the basics and is an attentive and keen student
Perfect! A big thank you to William. He thoroughly explained my work and was very patient and open to answer all my questions
- William's response : Tunmi is very keen to learn and is always prompt and prepared for our sessions. Together we helped her achieve a good mark for her concrete design project putting her near the top of her class
Perfect! Organised and keen to teach. Well prepared after relatively short notice. Provided assistance outside of tutorial time.
- William's response : Very attentive with good understanding of the fundamentals
Perfect! Will has been absolutely brilliant. He is very patient and engaging. I have now had two sessions with him and they have both been extremely useful. I feel very confident in the topics we have covered so far and can already feel myself improving.
- William's response : Grace is a great student, very keen to learn and a good listener
View more reviews
I shared a flat in London with Will for 3 years. Will is dedicated in everything that he does, whether this is sport, cooking, tutoring, or his other professional work.
In tutoring, he builds good relationships with his students and does everything he can to ensure they have the best learning experience. Students will benefit from his solid understanding of his subjects and his willingness to understand any challenges that the student is facing.
View more recommendations
- 5h: £275
- 10h: £550