I work one to one, in pairs and in groups. With just a few students, I tend to work at my home, but if it is a larger group, I would hire a space for us. I am also happy to travel to you too. I tend to tailor my lessons to suit the needs and aims of the student, so the first lesson would be spent working out what it is the student would like to achieve and what I think the student needs and then from there, I would then devise a plan.
I am a professional actress who has worked with The National Theatre and on TV shows such as Rellik, Guerrilla and Luther. I run my own production company and produce a variety of different films from music videos to animations to documentaries and fiction films. I have taught adults at drama schools and at a variety of schools in the South East of England. I have over fifteen years' experience and have taught both LAMDA and Trinity Acting Exams and have 100% success rate with 98% of my students receiving a merit or distinction. I have also taught students looking to work on accents, audition technique (for both drama schools and for professional actors), improvisation, confidence building, public speaking and speech therapy.
If I need to travel I will add on £10 to the cost of the fee, but if we work at my home, there will be no additional cost. If we work in a larger group in a studio, I will need to add the cost of the studio and my travel, but the fee will stay the same.
Central School of Speech & Drama
BA Acting 2:1
Tonbridge Grammar School, Kent
A Levels: A in Drama, English Literature, Psychology and Art and a B in General Studies
GCSE’s: 10 A* to B grades
Sevenoaks School Peripatetic Acting Teaching Kent Jan 2011 – present
• Trinity and LAMDA syllabus’s one-to-one and one-to-two. All students have passed their examinations over 85% have passed with Merit or Distinction.
Freelance Shakespeare/Acting Workshops July 2006-present
• I have been teaching Shakespeare to all ages since leaving drama school. Most of my workshops end with a performance of some kind.
• I have also taught Acting on many summer schools and one off workshops on Brecht, Acting for Camera and Devising theatre.
• For younger years, I spent three years working for Bigfoot, where I would work at a school for a term coming up with a way to creatively explore their subject focus that term.
Sevenoaks School Production Co-ordinator & Teacher Kent Sep 2014-July 2016
• Co-ordinating the 13 internal shows and 5 visiting productions at the school.
• Assisting the Director of Drama with the everyday running of the drama department including organising props, costumes, lighting, sound and back stage elements. Organising meetings and taking notes, designing posters, editing trailers and marketing the shows to our internal and external audience.
• Directing one show a year – Recent shows include: Animal Farm and The Ancient Mariner.
• Teaching Year 7 classes.
• Teaching the practical elements to exam sets (GCSE and IB).
Tonbridge School Artist in Residence Part Time Kent Jan 2009-May 2010
Working with the school on all their productions, but mainly helping the students with their exam pieces for A level and GCSE.
Please find all Acting credits here: (concealed information)
Recent credits include:
2018 Stage Mrs Elvsted HEDDA GABLER, National Theatre Ivo Van Hove
2017 Television Jill RELLIK, Two Brothers Pictures Sam Miller
2017 Stage Mrs Elvsted (understudy) HEDDA GABLER, National Theatre Ivo Van Hove
2016 Television Linda GUERRILLA, Fifty Fathom Productions Sam Miller
2016 Web Series India WHIPPED, KOTO Films Jack Plummer
2015 Television Tara Black LUTHER EPISODE #4.2, BBC Sam Miller
2015 Film Maggie TO LOVE AND TO CHERISH, Honeybee Films David Cordon
2015 Film Karen IDEAL CANDIDATE, Honeybee Films Amy Comper &
2015 Film Karen OPTIMUM, Honeybee Films David Cordon
2015 Feature Film Second Nurse THE CARER, Hopscotch, Mythberg, & Vita Nova Films János Edelényi
2015 Stage Jess MUSWELL HILL, Two Sheds Roger Mortimer and
Honeybee Films Ltd Director and Producer London 2013-Present
I co-own Honeybee Films with David Cordon where I manage several aspects of the company including:
• Updating our website and editing our films (using Adobe Premiere on a daily basis).
• Marketing of the company and individual projects.
• Writing scripts and treatments
• Filling out funding applications.
• Hiring and contracts.
• Accountancy and scheduling (using Excel on a daily basis) of our film projects.
Please see below: ‘Producing Experience’ or find my Production credits here: (concealed information)
Hopscotch Films Assistant Producer (ad hoc) Kent 2010 - Present
• I was trained up to be Charlotte Wontner’s assistant, helping her with everything from accountancy to filing, from casting to cold calling, from script development to co-ordinating pick-ups of actors, from equipment selection to coordinating post production.
BFI Live Production Coordinator Kent 2010-2011
• Initially I interned at BFI Live and then they offered me the role of Production Coordinator. This covered many of the tasks I learnt with Charlotte Wontner at Hopscotch Films, but also included filming and editing interviews with notable directors, cinematographers, producer and actors.
BBC Comedy Intern – Pilot – ‘The Wrong Man’s’ Kent 2010
• I learnt how to produce a BBC Comedy pilot from beginning to completion, working closely with the Production Co-ordinator and Production Manager to help them achieve their daily goals. The majority of my role consisted of administrative support in pre-production, helping to schedule the shoot, photocopy scripts and make a mean cup of tea, but in production, I was moved around to all the different departments on a film set so I learnt what every department did.
Producer Rink (short)** Honeybee Films
*** Co-Funded by Film London and Eastern Edge Film Fund
Producer Cycle (short) Honeybee Films
Producer To Love and To Cherish (short) Honeybee Films
Producer/Writer/Director When Autumn Leaves Fall (short) Honeybee Films
Producer Ideal Candiate (short) Honeybee Films
Producer A Short Film About Writing Honeybee Films
About a Short Film (short)
Producer Fergie Time (short) Honeybee Films
Producer Optimum (short) Honeybee Films
Producer Sugar Kitten (short) This Affected Pictures
Production Manager SHE (short) Chelsey Burdon
/ Mark Vessey
Production Manager Cancer Hair (short) In Nuce Content
Line Producer Eden Lodge Lost Boys Pictures
Producer Future Got no Past (short) HoneyBee Films
Producer Burnout (short) Workhouse Pictures
Producer Jenny and Vinny Uncut (short) JEu Ltd
Production Coordinator The Carer (promo for feature) Hopscotch & Vita Nova
Producer Lost For Words (short) Workhouse Pictures
Production Manager The Story Of Film* Hopscotch Films for Channel 4
* Assisting Mark Cousins with shooting his interview with Terence Davies
Other BBC Health and Safety Course, Current DCB, Clean drivers licence, Guitar, Singing and Diving (Padi Open Water).
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|