I always ensure communicative approach. I adapt each and single lesson to make sure it suits the student's needs. I use a range of materials from videos, through newspaper articles to self-created materials such as flashcards and engaging and colourful handouts.
I have worked with students from over 30 countries including adults and teenagers from Europe, Asia, East Asia, Africa, Middle East and South America. The learners passed their exams with flying colours and improved their career profile as a result of our work.
I hold a full teaching qualification, a degree in TESOL& English Language and Trinity College London Certificate in TESOL.
I am a careful listener and observer what helps me to tailor the lessons to the person or people I am working with. There is always a variety of activities to ensure that you achieve your full potential when using English.
Pronunciation plays a big part in our lessons and I will help you improve your speaking and listening.
Confidence, passion, creativity and professionalism are the foundation of our work, so if you are a likeminded person looking for a tutor, who is dedicated, contact me.
October 2017 Diploma in Education and Training
October 2015 PTTLS
August 2012 CertTESOL Trinity College London
July 2012 BA Hons TESOL& English Language
Current role (allows flexibility)
English Language Tutor and Project Manager at TLC College
• Delivered English Language classes inclusive of material preparation and associated tasks
• Collaboratively worked on writing applications for EU funded projects
November 2015- December 2018
English& Maths Tutor and Learner Mentor at Harlow College
• Designed creative and learner centred sessions regularly incorporating authentic materials and ICT
• Delivered English as a first language (up to Level 1) and Employability Skills (among other subjects) to Special Educational Needs learners and Functional Skills Maths to ESOL learners taking all needs and abilities into consideration
• Carried out initial and diagnostic assessments and interpreted results appropriately
• Used formative and summative assessment strategies and recorded the results to inform future planning
• Monitored and discussed students’ progress with learners and relevant members of staff as necessary
• Provided meaningful feedback to students highlighting their strengths and areas for improvement
• Designed and adapted schemes of work as required
• Provided additional academic, behavioural, emotional and social interaction support as appropriate
• Liaised with manager, delivery and support staff to ensure consistency of practice
• Maintained communication with parents in an efficient and professional manner
• Undertook various administrative duties daily
• Internally verified assessment practices and decisions in preparation for External Verification processes
• Took an active part in open evenings promoting college courses
• Actively participated in CPD sessions
September 2013- October 2015
ESOL Tutor at Buckinghamshire Adult Learning
• Designed and selected a variety of stimulating teaching and learning materials that provided a solid preparation for real life communication as well as Cambridge ESOL examinations
• Prepared schemes of work and plans of instruction taking curriculum and learners’ individual needs into account
• Delivered challenging and engaging tailor-made English sessions to mixed ability students (Pre-entry up to Level 1)
• Taught creative, effective and personalised Basic Literacy classes to adult learners
• Regularly monitored, assessed learners’ progress and recorded it on Individual Learning Programmes as well as Group Logs
• Marked coursework and provided students with regular and constructive feedback
• Taught effective learning strategies and exam skills
• Encouraged reflective and autonomous learning to aid retrieval of knowledge
• Promoted equality of learning opportunities among all students
• Actively monitored my own CPD
• Shared good practice with other members of staff and liaised with them
• Ensured timely completion of administrative work
January 2013- July 2013
ESOL Lecturer at South& City College Birmingham
• Effectively designed, adapted and evaluated a variety of teaching resources
• Identified and addressed learners´ individual and group needs
• Delivered high standard ESOL classes fostering equality of development opportunities
• Kept track record of learners’ progression
• Provided students with regular feedback on their performance
• Successfully prepared students for City& Guilds ESOL examinations
• Actively promoted progression opportunities and offered advice and guidance on feasible development routes including vocational courses
• Committed to my own CPD
• Shared good practice with other tutors
• Completed administrative work within the agreed time frames
April 2012- February 2013
ESOL Tutor at TLC College Wolverhampton
January 2012- March 2012
Trainee ESOL Tutor at TLC College Wolverhampton
October 2011- December 2012
Volunteer ESOL Tutor at TLC College Wolverhampton
• Successfully designed, adapted and evaluated teaching resources
• Recognised students´ needs and implemented suitable teaching approaches
• Taught ESOL sessions to first generation immigrants
• Kept track of progress and achievements of learners
• Provided regular written and oral feedback on students’ performance
• Carried out initial assessments and progression tests
• Prepared students for Trinity ESOL examinations
• Ensured timely completion of administrative work
• Translated and interpreted for TLC clients
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£26||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£120||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£240||£200|