How I organise my lessons depends on my students' needs and requirements, but I I always try to teach in a fun and interactive way. My aim is that my students are able to communicate in Spanish so, even if of course knowing the grammar is very important, I make sure that they can use their knowledge in real life situations.
Hola! I am a translator and languages teacher from Spain. I have a bacherlor's degree in Translation and Interpreting (English and French) and a master's degree in Translation for the Publishing World.
I have worked as a teacher of Spanish for foreigners at Education First (Malaga, Spain) and as a teaching assistant for a secondary school in Lattes (Montpellier, France) and for the University of Bath in England. Also I have worked as a private tutor for English, French, Spanish Literature and Spanish for Foreigners for students of different ages, levels and nationalities in Spain, England and France.
Apart from that, I have worked as a translator and editor for the American company Trusted Translations, for the Russian Museum of Malaga (Spain) and for the translation department of the University of Malaga.
I love languages, arts (especially literature and creative writing), sports, nature, and philosophy. For me, teaching is a job that allows me to spread my passion for languages and different cultures to my students.
My minimum rate per hour is 16 pounds. Any additional charge depends on the distance I need to travel, if I meet my student in a cafe... Also I offer discounts if students come in pairs or small groups.
Ana María de la Torre Bermúdez
-Teacher of Spanish with experience working with students of different ages and nationalities.
-Professional translator specialized in English and French as source language and Spanish as target language. Proved ability to translate any kind of texts.
English (professionally fluent)
French (professionally fluent)
University of Bath, Bath, United Kingdom
Spanish Teaching Assistant September - December 2019
• Launched a conversation club in Spanish for students and staff.
• Headed the Peer Assisted Learning sessions in Spanish.
• Produced different kinds of learning resources for the Foreign Languages Dept.
• Performed as content writer and editor for the university radio programme in Spanish Radio Chévere.
Trusted Translations, Inc., Miami, Florida, United States
Translator/Editor/Proof-reader July 2015 - September 2019
• Worked as an independent freelancer but in cooperation with other members of the company, mainly through the mediation of project managers, for companies such as Google, Kaplan and Warner Music Group.
• Carried out a range of different tasks: translation, pre-edition, edition and proofreading of texts from English into Spanish, especially those about software, real estates, health and safety legislation.
Russian Museum of Malaga, Spain
Translation and editing traineeship June 2019
• Performed as a translator and editor of the museum’s catalogues, leaflets and official documents from Spanish into English.
Education First, Malaga, Spain
Teacher of Spanish for Foreigner July 2018 and July 2019
• Worked as a Spanish teacher of intensive summer courses for teenagers of different nationalities.
Lycée Jean François Champollion, Lattes, France
Spanish Teacher Assistant October 2017 - May 2018
• Worked as a Spanish teacher with reduced groups of high school students in order to help them improve their speaking skills in an interactive and creative way.
• Trained high school students to pass their official DELE and baccalaureate exams.
• Lead different lectures about Spanish culture.
Dept. of Translation and Interpreting, University of Malaga, Spain
Translation traineeship April – May 2017
• Conducted the translation of a series of articles from the French magazine Hermés about communication science, history and philosophy.
Education and qualifications
Master’s Degree in Translation for the Publishing World October 2018 -July 2019 University of Malaga (Spain)
Bachelor’s Degree in Translation and Interpreting September 2013 - July 2017 University of Malaga (Spain)
Erasmus Exchange Programme September 2015 -June 2016 University of Portsmouth (United Kingdom)
Other certificates and qualifications
Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English Malaga (Spain) October 2018
• Cambrige English Level 2 Certificate in ESOL International (advanced)
Workshop on Videogame Localisation Malaga (Spain) March 2017
• Workshop on Videogame Localisation (French-Spanish) organised by the University of Málaga
Course in Translation of Comics Malaga (Spain), September 2016
• Course in Translation of Comics organised by the University of Malaga
Erasmus Plus Youthpass Agros (Cyprus), July 2016
• Youth Exchange “Youth-ing” organised by Agros Environmental Group
Erasmus Plus Youthpass Kaajani (Finland), August 2015
• Youth Exchange “Recycling Roadshow” organised by LAG Living Kainuu Leader
Workshop Literary Translation – Translating against the Clock Malaga (Spain), April 2015
• Workshop on Literary Translation (English-Spanish) organised by the AETI
Course in Literature and Cyberculture Malaga (Spain), October - May 2014 - 2015
• Course in science fiction literature coordinated by the Andalusian Centre of Letters
Awards and publications
• Different national and international literary prizes such as the Award “Flash Europa 28” ( 2014), the Second prize “XXII Tales Contest ‘Noble Villa de Portugalete’ ” (2013) or the First prize “VIII Contest ‘Cuentos junto a la Laguna’ ”(2012).
• Publications of short stories on anthologies and magazines such as Cosmocápsula or Windumanoth.
• Familiarised with CAT Tools and Subtitling Software as SDL Trados, Google Toolkit, Memsource, Youalign, Aegisub…
• Confident in Microsoft Office packages and Wordpress.
• Basic knowledge of Gimp and Photoshop.
Ana is a wonderful tutor and she's been a great help. She is patient and has a sense of humour and always going the extra mile to help. I recommend her to anyone looking to learn or improve their Spanish.
Ana helped me learn Spanish at University as is a great teacher. She is very patient and has many games and activities up her sleeve to help make learning more fun. I really enjoyed her conversation and culture classes and would highly recommend her.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|