My teaching method is based depending on your time, how quick you want to improve, or if you’d rather taking it more slowly.
I personally started the cello with the Suzuki method, which is based on lovely pieces, putting music first through singing the notes and then playing on the instrument. It develops our musical ear in the best way as a beginner!
With my current students, we usually start the lesson with scales & arpeggios to secure their technic, and then work on pieces that they like and chose in order to work on the more musical aspect.
My name is Charlotte, i am a professional London based cellist. I have graduated from my Master degree with Distinction at the Royal academy of Music, and the DipRam for an outstanding final Recital, before transferring to the Royal College of Music in Artist Diploma.
I am fluent in French and English, and can prepare to orchestra auditions or preparation as I am currently working with professional orchestras in the U.K.
I have been teaching all different levels and ages for the last 6 years, and it would be lovely to meet you !
I prepare to ABRSM exams, but we can generally work on whatever you feel like, to classical, jazz or pop music.
I am a dynamic teacher, love to work with kids as adults, and to make it as productive as fun !
I am based in South London, teach at home or can come to you.
Feel free to contact me for any inquiries, and I look forward to start making music with you !
• Opera North – trial for Principal no.3 (Job Offered) 2018-2020
• Orchestre 430 de Vigo (Spain) - Guest Principal 2016-present
• Academy of the Birmingham Royal Ballet 2016-2017
• Royal Academy of Music Orchestras - Principal
• Vivaldi double concerto with Josephine Knight at Dukes Hall 2018
• Recorded solo cello piece « Limber » by composer Joseph Howard
• Concerts at Wigmore Hall with string orchestra the Academy Soloist 2017
• Joseph Newton Howard “3 Decades of Music for Hollywood” – Principal 2017
• Regular solo recitals in the U.K. and abroad
• De Beauvoir Piano Trio - Regular recitals July 2019 - present
• Brahms Piano Quintet with Maxim Vengerov at Royal Academy of Music 2017
• Création for two cellos (with Yan Levionnois) of composer Jules Matton 2016
o At the Théâtre de l’Alliance Française de Paris
• World premiere of « Seven Seeds » John Barber at Royal Albert Hall 2015
• Schiermonnikoog Festival 2020
• Santander Music Festival 2019
• Southwell Music Festival 2018
• Verao Classico festival avec Gary Hoffman 2017
• Cervo SommerAkademy avec Troles Svane 2016 - 2017
• Russian Trio Series festival – Londres 2017
• en Trio - Summer festival de Valerie Aimard avec les musiciens du Bolchoi Orchestra 2014
Masterclasses: Steven Isserlis, Jean-Guihen Queyras (à Wigmore Hall), Gary Hoffman, Steven Doane, Colin Carr, Sung-Won Yang, Mario Brunello, Vincent Segal…
• Royal College of Music London - Advance Diploma (2018-2019)
o Teacher: Alexander Chaushian
• Royal Academy of Music London - Master of Art (2016-2018)
o Graduated with Distinction
o DipRam for an outstanding final recital
o Peter Halling memorial Prize.
• Royal Academy of Music London, Bachelor of Music : (2014-2016)
o Teachers: Josephine Knight and Christoph Richter
• CRR de Paris - PSPBB – Pôle Supérieur : Bachelor : years 1 and 2 (2012-2014)
o Teacher : Xavier GAGNEPAIN
• CRR de PARIS - Cycle Spécialisé
o Professeur : Raphael PIDOUX (2009-2011)
• Diplôme : DEM avec Félicitation du Jury
• Lycée Racine - Baccalauréat avec Mention (2011)
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|