I think it is important to mark the personal goals of each student and be flexible in the development of each one. Depends on the different goals of each student we can work different aspects and adapt the speed of learning in different areas.
I strongly believe that it is important to build a strong instrumental technique and a good base on music theory so we will be able to achieve our goals with more sustainability. But most importantly is to have fun and enjoy at any level, and my job is to inspire my students and make the most of them!
My name is Julia Raga, I am Spanish clarinettist based in UK since 2017.
I have completed a Master in Performance at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama and a Bachelor in Music at CSM Alicante in Spain.
I have experience performing across UK, Spain and US, where I have performed in venues such as Wigmore Hall, the Barbican Centre, Carnegie Hall in New York or the Spanish National Theatre.
I have worked and collaborated with very prestigious orchestras such as the London Symphony Orchestra, BBC Symphony Orchestra, Orquesta Sinfónica de Madrid, etc. Thanks to those experiences I had the privilege to work with prestigious conductors such as Sir Simon Rattle, Marin Also, Gianandrea Noseda, Esa-Pekka Salonen, Ben Gernon, Roberto González Monjas, Vassili Sinaisky, Takuo Yuasa, etc.
Also I have been teaching since 2012 and I have a big background in teaching clarinet, chamber music, early years', etc.
• 2017- 2019 MPerf (Distinction and Concert Recital Diploma), Orquestral Artistry programme in Guildhall School of Music and Drama in association with the London Symphony Orquestra with Andrew Marriner as main teacher.
• 2016-2017 Double master in musical research and classical clarinet performance in Conservatorio Superior de Música Óscar Esplà de Alicante with Jose Franch Ballester as main teacher.
• 2011-2015 First Class Honours Degree in Classical Clarinet Performance in Conservatorio Superior de Música Óscar Esplà de Alicante.
• July 2019 The Marjorie & Dorothy Whyte Memorial Fund Award.
• July 2018 Awarded with the CulturArts Scholarship for the 2018/2019 school year
• July 2017 Awarded with the CulturArts Scholarship for the 2017/2018 school year
• March 2015 1st Chamber Music Prize with the Trio Sch3rzo in the VIII concurso de música de cámara “Villa de Cox”.
• July 2014 2nd Chamber Music Prize with Klosé Clarinet Quartet in the International Clarinet Summer Course “Clarinetíssim”.
• March 2014 Finalist in the XXIX edición del Premio Interpretación “Sociedad de Conciertos de Alicante”.
• July 2010 1st Prize in the national competition of “Villa d’Agullent”
• June 2010 Awarded with the Premi Professional de Grau Mitjà d’Ontinyent en l’especialitat de Clarinet.
• June 2009 Awarded with the Premi Ciutat d’Ontinyent as her outstanding record as a clarinet student.
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest saxophone lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, clarinet lessons for all!
Taking recorder lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£30|
|5 hours||Not available||£120||£150|
|10 hours||Not available||£240||£300|