Hi there, I am a former secondary and post-secondary maths teacher that is now doing a PhD in Educational Studies at the University of Loughborough.
I am happy to take on SATs, GCSE and A-Level students. Students of mine are free to choose whether they would like a lesson in person or over Skype and can message me WHENEVER they like with problems they might have.
Throughout my years of teaching I have come across lots of different types of learners and am able to adapt my approach to each individual. I am a dedicated teacher that will see you through 100% of the way!
- Three years experience as a secondary maths teacher.
- A-Levels in Mathematics and Further Mathematics.
- Undergraduate in Mathematics.
- Masters in Education.
- Has successfully privately tutored four GCSE students.
- Author of mathematics textbook.
- Recommended author on the Times Educational Supplement.
- Currently doing a PhD in mathematics education.
£25 per hour for GCSE and A-Level
- 24 months working as the Lead Practitioner of Mathematics at the Manchester Health Academy.
- 12 months work in Bramcote Academy and The de Ferrers Academy in Nottingham as part of a PGCE placement.
- 12 months work as a contractor with Rearden Cord.
- MPhil Education with distinction from the University of Cambridge
- PGCE with distinction from the University of Nottingham
- BSc Mathematics with honours from the University of Nottingham
- A Levels in Mathematics (A*), Further Mathematics (B), German (B), Biology (C)
- 10 GCSEs, including ones in Mathematics (A+) and English (A)
Jacob and I completed our teacher training together and he has many ways of explaining concepts that not only makes it interesting, but makes it very easy to understand. He is a very friendly and approachable person who will bring the best out of any of his pupils, without a doubt.
Friendly and engaging, Jacob was not only able to explain maths to my daughter but also raise her confidence in a subject she had long struggled with. Would highly recommend.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|