I'm a very passionate teacher, that's certainly one of the reasons why my students always gain the best results and can improve their skills rapidly. Apart from my profound didactical skills, I'm a very patient teacher. I aim to tailor the lessons according to your goals to make the best out of your course. 'Learning' and 'fun' don't have to be contradictory! I'm convinced that learning should be fun and interesting. To help you succeed, I like to follow a well-structured but also creative & (if possible) playful approach; tailored to your personal needs & goals.
I've been teaching students of all ages and levels. Hence, I can offer my help for students at an A1 level as well as for students who seek a higher degree or (Goethe) certificate or want to become fluent in Business German. Besides, I have plenty of experience in GCSE and A-level preparation. As I'm an active teacher at a 5-stars language school in London central, I've got access to a great source of teaching material and can recommend well-structured books to work with. I can help you to master German grammar as well as to become a confident German speaker. Therefore, I aim to turn each lesson creatively into a lively and joyful learning adventure. To me, it's important to engage you in conversations about topics that matter to you. I'm interested and educated in many fields & subjects. For example, I love talking about arts & music, science, philosophy nature & environment, travel & culture, history & society, law et al.
Einen wunderschönen guten Tag liebe Deutschlernenden
Are you a complete beginner? Or do you want to improve your (rusty) German skills? Do you need support for your academic coursework or a presentation? Or can I simply help you to smash your next exam?
No matter what your goal is, I've got you covered!
Brief information about myself:
I've got a BA degree in Sociology/Penal Law + Education Science (Adult Education). Therefore, I'm trained in didactic, lesson planning, assessment & evaluation. On top of that, I've received a first-class certificate in (academic) German Speech and Rhetoric. For my MA studies, I graduated in International Criminology. I was awarded a scholarship for my outstanding results at the University of Hamburg. That offered me the opportunity to come to London to study MA Criminology at the MDX University London. Needless to say that I am fluent in English. I've even obtained a TEFL certificate to teach English as a foreign language. I used to tutor German pupils (aged 13-18) in English and French as a foreign language but focused then on teaching my mother tongue. I love languages and different cultures and could teach German in three European countries already.
Simply book a trial lesson with me today and we'll discuss your personal needs and goals!
The price is for all face-to-face lessons which can be held in my flat or anywhere in Battersea/Wandsworth - within 15 minutes walking distance from my place. I will charge an additional fee of 5 pounds for journeys that can be made within 15 to 30 minutes. For additional 5 Pounds (10 Pounds in total), I travel to all venues I can reach within 45 minutes (one way). Pls, note that I can travel further if necessary, but will have to charge an additional fee.
If you need to cancel a lesson pls do so at least 48h hours in advance. If you cancel later than 48h (up to 24h) in advance, my cancellation fee is 50 %. If you cancel within 24h, I will have to charge 100% of the booking fee. Thank you for your understanding.
FREELANCE GERMAN TEACHER & EDITOR; LONDON, UK; JUNE 2016-PRESENT
- Design of didactical plans and development of individually tailored learning schemes for students of
- Delivery and systematical explanation of highly complex content
- Individual preparation for GCSE, A-level, language certificates and business German with a
100% success rate
- Individual assessments & evaluation
- Translation; Proof-reading; Editing tasks
INTERNSHIP: ASSISTANT OF FEDERAL MEDIA-EDUCATION PROGRAM; LMZ-BW (FEDERAL MEDIA
CENTER OF BADEN-WÜRTTEMBERG), STUTTGART, GERMANY; MAY 2014-JULY 2014
- Successful organisation and coordination of educational events
- Evaluation of educational programs
- Additional skills used: Knowledge of Penal Law, Media Law and Media Pedagogics
FREELANCE MARKET RESEARCH & QUALITY ASSESSMENT; STUTTGART/HAMBURG, GERMANY; MARCH 2012-OKTOBER 2015
- Project coordination of Qualitative and Quantitative Research; Reporting (English and German)
INTERNSHIP RESEARCH ASSISTANT; CRIMINOLOGY DEPARTMENT, TÜBINGEN, GERMANY; MAY 2011-DECEMBER 2012
- Main project: Research study ‘Cyberbullying & Juvenile Online Behaviour’ Design of three
different quantitative research tools; Design of data entry tools Evaluation and interpretation of data
UNIVERSITY OF MIDDLESEX, LONDON, UK — MA SOKRATES PROGRAM ‘CRIMINOLOGY’; OCTOBER 2015-JUNE 2016
- Awarded with a scholarship for a full-time exchange program
- Specialisation: Global Criminology; Youth Offending and Disorder; Drugs, Crime and Criminology
UNIVERSITY OF HAMBURG, HAMBURG, GERMANY — MA ‘INTERNATIONAL CRIMINOLOGY’; OCTOBER 2014-DECEMBER 2018
- Key modules: Principles of Criminological Research; Penal Law
- MA Thesis included 1.5 years of multi-method research and data analysation (submitted in English)
EBERHARD KARLS UNIVERSITY, TÜBINGEN, GERMANY — BA ‘SOCIOLOGY & EDUCATIONAL SCIENCE’; OCTOBER 2009-SEPTEMBER 2013
- Key modules: Advanced statistics; Qualitative & Quantitative Research design Specialisation:
Technical Sociology & Risk Management; Sociology of Youth
- Two years of additional training in Penal Law & certified competencies in Media Law
First-class degree (1.0) in Educational Science:
- Key module: Aesthetic-Cultural Education; Adult Education & Management of postgraduate training schemes
- Extracurricular Activity: Media literacy for juveniles
LONDON, UK - VOLUNTEER AT ST. JOHNS THERAPY CENTRE; MARCH 2021 - PRESENT
- Counselling and active support for clients with substance misuse
HAMBURG, GERMANY - VOLUNTEER AT ‘WEIßER RING’: SUPPORT FOR VICTIMS OF CRIME; APRIL
- Assistance with program planning; Work in a small multidisciplinary team alongside lawyers, pedagogues, criminologists and psychologists
LAHR, GERMANY; PRACTICAL SOCIAL YEAR’ AT ‘DINGLINGER HAUS’: CURATIVE EDUCATION & THERAPEUTICAL HOMES; SEPTEMBER 2007-AUGUST 2008
- Youth Caretaker-ship; Organisation; Support of juveniles at courts, welfare agencies, and psychologists
I highly recommend Martina, she is very professional and helped me to improve my German to a higher level. Very supportive and friendly. Is always fun to work with her, she has a great knowledge of topics that I’m interested in.
I recommend her to my friend for the kids and they always look forward to have a session with her.
german lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - german lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - german lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - german lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|