I am an experienced piano and class music teacher and am familiar with working in a school environment, as well as on a freelance basis, teaching children individually and in group situations. I aim to inspire children through enthusiasm, communication and an expertise in music. I also strongly believe in building relationships with my students based on rapport, respect and a mutual desire for learning. As a busy performer, I understand the trials of performance anxiety and stress related to this. I think it is very important that students have a role model who can be of help in these situations.
My experience enables me to work with students of a very high standard, as well as with those who are less advanced. I have worked with small and large ensembles alike, as well as choirs and I enjoy every aspect of this job. I believe that every child should be given the opportunity to enjoy and participate in a musical activity and this is something I am committed to achieving.
Rachael Ueckermann DipABRSM BMus(hons) MMus MISM
After attending The Junior Department of The Royal Academy of Music, Rachael gained a place at Trinity Laban Conservatoire
of Music and Dance in 2011 where she gained her BMus (hons) in Piano Performance and was awarded ‘The Managing Director’s Prize’ at The Intercollegiate Piano Competition. She then went on to study at Royal Holloway, University of London, where she completed her MMus in Advanced Musical Studies. She is also hoping to begin her PhD in the near future.
Rachael Performs extensively across the UK as a soloist and as a member of several ensembles, including the exciting Clarinet and Piano Duo - ‘Duo Suela’.
She is an experienced piano teacher and is capable of teaching children and adults of all abilities.
Rachael is a Member of The ISM and has an enhanced DBS check.
Current positions: Director of Music, Piano, Music and Theory Teacher, Accompanist, Performer
• Creative, confident, open – minded and passionate about arts outreach and education.
• Strong communication skills in writing, over the phone and face to face.
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritise a varied workload and meet tight deadlines.
• Proficient IT skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability and experience to relate to a wide variety of personality types in a positive and constructive way.
• Experience working as part of a small team as well as independently.
• Enhanced DBS checked.
Royal Holloway, University of London
2015 - 2016
Master's degree in Advanced Musical Studies (performance and musicology)
Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
2011 - 2015
Undergraduate degree in Performance (piano)
Bmus (hons) (2:1)
The Sixth Form College, Farnborough
2009 - 2011
A-Levels: (A* - B)
The Junior Department of The Royal Academy of Music
St Nicholas’ School
10 GCSE: (A* - B)
Lower School Director of Music at The Grey House School (2017 -) (concealed information)
• Maintaining the smooth running of the Lower School Music Department.
• Organising music evenings, concerts and rehearsals.
• Planning lessons and carrying them out.
• Accompanying the school choir.
• Conducting music ensembles.
• Teaching the piano to a large number of students of all ages throughout the school.
• Organising workshops with external musicians.
• Liaising with other members of staff and parents to ensure satisfaction within the department.
• Growing the music department.
• Writing termly reports.
Piano and Music Teacher at Fun-Keys for Kids (2016 -2018) (concealed information)
• Engaging with children of all ages and abilities from different backgrounds.
• Conducting one-to-one lessons and workshop- style classes.
• Communicating with parents and school staff on a daily basis.
• Managing time and work load effectively to deliver a great service.
• Flexibility and diplomacy when communicating with parents and staff.
• Administration work.
• Inspiring children with energy and dynamism.
• Recruiting new students and maintaining numbers.
• Writing termly reports.
• Evaluating the Fun – Keys curriculum.
Freelance Piano Teacher with Piano Teacher’s Connect and London Music Centre (2016 - ) (concealed information) (concealed information)
• Organising time effectively.
• Being charismatic and friendly with students and parents.
• Creating a comfortable environment for each student.
Piano Teacher with Stretto Music at The International Academy of Greenwich (2017 - ) (concealed information)
• Teaching the piano in small groups to students in years 7 and 8
Music Leader with Boppin’ Bunnies (2017- )
• Leading music workshops for the under 5’s
Pianist – Solo and Ensemble work (2011 –) rachaelueckermann.com
• Self promotion.
• Building contacts and relationships with venues and individuals.
• Programming recitals.
• Working with many different musicians in projects and ensembles.
• Commissioning new work.
• Duo Seula
Rachael has the perfect combination of qualities for a great piano teacher. She is highly knowledgeable and a wonderful musician. Most of all, she is patient and encouraging and really understands how to communicate clearly.
Though young, Rachael has a wealth of experience. This translates into her ability to create rounded musicians, as well as getting great exam results.
As one of Rachael's colleagues, I can testify to her commitment to her students which is second to none. I know that she is well loved by all of her students and that anyone has the chance to study with Rachael is a very lucky person!
Rachael has taught my kids piano for 5 years. She is patient, flexible, trustworthy and well qualified. She makes lessons fun & has encouraged a love of music in my kids.
Mum of 2
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest piano lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, musical keyboard lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£40||£30|