1) Plan and provide a balanced experience that incorporates the exploration, acquisition, consolidation and application of knowledge and skills, with opportunities to use, extend and test ideas, thinking and reasoning.
2) Share the excitement of learning mathematics and capture children's imagination by showing them the unusual or unexpected
3) Model for children how to explore mathematics and look for patterns, rules and properties
4) Give children opportunity to consolidate their learning
5) Engage with children's thinking; give them sufficient time for dialogue and discussion and space to think about their ideas, methods and representations of the real world
I had a science and technology degree background from a reputable tertiary institution...My simplicity and unique approach to teaching makes learning easy and has benefited many students over the years...whenever I have the opportunity to teach, I impact with a difference.
OGUNDIPE, OLAYINKA TITUS
(concealed information)5 • (concealed information)
Reliable, flexible and open minded person with excellent interpersonal, organisational, and written and verbal communication skills. Self-driven, enthusiastic, methodical and influential team player/leader, who is good at multitasking and is highly intuitive and analytical. An effective time keeper and a fast learner, who can work well under pressure, adapt to changes quickly, work well within a team, and work effectively under minimal supervision.
• Educational skills: Sound knowledge of the principles of Engineering, Mathematics and Sciences;
• Management and leadership skills: Personal accountability, hands-on, result-oriented, driven, priority setting, guiding, coaching, team work, aptitude in decision making and problem solving;
• Quality management skills: Excellent analytical, interpretative and critical thinking skills, including quality control and assurance;
• Strategic planning and administrative skills;
• ICT skills: Expert in Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point and Access.
• Customer service skills: Excellent interpersonal skills, integrity, business ethics and ability to handle feedback/complaints constructively.
Nov 2019- Till date The Leigh Academy Dartford
(Teacher of Science)
May 2019- July 2019 City Heights Academy
(Teacher of Science)
February 2019 – May 2019 Harris Invictus Academy Full time (Mathematics Teacher)
• Design teaching materials to sustain students’ interest in the subject.
• Prepare weekly lesson plans on time.
• Interact with students, parents and faculty.
• Design appropriate teaching plans and schedules
• Implement initiatives and teaching methodologies.
• Monitor students’ progress in the subject.
• Design student assessment systems and methodologies.
January – February 2019 City Heights Academy and St Aloysius College, UK (Cover Teacher, Science)
• Leading whole classes while cover teachers are away
• Dealing with challenging behaviour in the classroom
• Making sure all students are focused and on track to meeting the lesson objectives
• Prepare the classroom for lessons
• Help any students who are struggling with the work set for their cover lessons
• Assist teachers in planning lessons
January 2019 Glenthorne High School. Physics, Biology. Sutton, UK
• Being mentored by qualified and well experienced teachers on UK GCSE curriculum;
• Proper orientation on the use of laboratory and teaching materials;
• Supervising classroom readiness; and
• Strategic monitoring of standards of student learning progress, while working closely with the Head of Science.
January 2014 – December 2018 Providence Academy. Physics, Chemistry, Pure Mathematics & Natural Science Educator
• Undertook pastoral duties, such as the role of form tutor, and supported pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties;
• Utilised classroom instruction and presentations to help students learn and apply concepts within maths and sciences;
• Planned study programs to meet students’ needs, interests and abilities;
• Evaluated and assessed students’ progress on a periodic basis;
• Instructed students on proper use of equipment, materials, aids and textbooks;
• Worked closely with parents and colleagues to manage the classroom and student behaviour appropriately and effectively; and
• Mentored and supported teaching assistants, trainee teachers and newly qualified teachers in their teaching responsibilities.
January 2014 – December 2018 Phronesis Tutorial. IEB Physical Science Tutor – Grade 10-12
• Monitored individual student progress;
• Took corrective measures to enhance student learning abilities;
• Advised parents on students’ progress and development; and
• Prepared students for standardised tests and examinations.
September 2013 – January 2014 Wavelength High School. Physical & Natural Sciences and Mathematics Educator
• Organised class time as per the instructional plans;
• Maintained inventory of instructional materials, aids and equipment;
• Prepared student progress reports;
• Supervised students in extracurricular activities;
• Assessed and evaluated students’ abilities, strengths and weaknesses
October 2007 – April 2010 Status Comprehensive College. Head of Mathematics Department/Mathematics and Physics Educator
• Ensured compliance of teaching objectives to state law, administrative regulations and procedures;
• Designed curriculum as per the needs of the students;
• Assisted staff members in assessing students’ attitude, learning problems;
• Coordinated and supported teaching aides and assistants in their tasks;
• Set and monitored standards of student behaviour, while working closely with parents and colleagues to achieve this.
November 2005 – March 2007 Choice Private College. Mathematics & Physics Educator
• I was responsible for all proceedings in the Mathematics department and Physics laboratory, including running Physics experiments and marking lesson notes;
• Supervised teaching across all levels in the Physics and Mathematics departments; and
• Oversaw the delivery, inspection and management of all materials pertaining to students’ learning across both departments.
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
• South African Council for Educators (SACE) Certified (Certificate Number.: (concealed information));
• South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) Certified (NQF: 7);
• Registered Scientist, South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions (SACNASP) (Registration Number: 118053).
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
• 2014 till date Bachelors in Commerce – Economic Science [in view]
University of South Africa
• 2012 Safety, Health and Environment (HSE) Certification
• 2012 Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• 2011 Bachelor of Technology/Higher National Diploma in Science & Technology
Second Class Lower Division (2:2)
Yaba College of Technology
• 2005 National Diploma in Science & Technology
Second Class Upper Division (2:1)
Federal Polytechnic Offa
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking further maths lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|