- Hourly rate £30
- Response Time 10h
- Number of students 6
I am a professional Trumpet player trained in trumpet performance (Jazz) and music theory at Leeds College of Music.
- at their home
- at your home
- By webcam
Sam is one of our best tutors. They have a high-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
About the lesson
My name is Sam and I teach students of all abilities and all ages, if you have no experience at all on the trumpet or you are an experienced player looking to expand your technique and skill then you have come to the right person.
Here are some common questions I get asked...
1. Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach trumpet for beginners
- Grades 1-8
- Jazz Improvisation (begginer-advanced)
- Big band Playing (begginer-advanced)
- Music Reading (any level)
- Jazz theory (any level)
2. How does your teaching help me progress?
-I will start off our lesson by finding about your musical background and find what you are comfortable with, then I will devise specific exercises, etudes, scales ect.. to help you improve at the level you are at.
I believe that schedules are one of the best and quickest ways to improve on any instrument. I can help you create your own practice schedule to help you improve yourself.
3. When are you available?
-I am available for teaching Monday - Saturday from 9am - 9pm.
4. Tell me about your qualifications please?
-I have a music degree in Jazz (Trumpet) Performance at Leeds College of Music graduating with a first class honours and 90/100 in my final recital.
Previously I studied Extended Music performance at both South and City college Birmingham and Stratford College studying guitar, trumpet, piano and bass.
5. Where do you teach?
-I can teach online via Skype, I can drive to your house or you could dive to mine for teaching. My rates differ slightly for face- face, you can see this below in the section labelled 'rates'.
6. Can you recommend books/ gear?
- I can both recommend and lend gear and books.
- Music reading
- All Levels
My name is Samuel Ward and I am a profesional freelance trumpet player and teacher based in Birmingham, West Midlands
1. How long have you been teaching?
- I have been teaching both Trumpet and Guitar since 2017.
2. What kind of experience do you have?
-I have been performing and gigging professionally for over 7 years.
I am a member of several exciting projects such as the Northan Swing Orchestra's 2nd trumpet player, Tom Sharp's Big band, Punjabi Roots Academy and many other Big bands and original bands.
3. Where and with whom did you train?
- Over the last three years I have trained with trumpet player Mark Chandler and Steve Fishwick while studying at Leeds College of Music. Before this I have had trumpet lessons off other musicians such as Ant Jones and Ben Smith.
Perfect! Sam got so much to give. He is interested in me getting it right in no time. Like he should open my head and download everything he knows. He's a great teacher and motivator.
- Sam's response : Ola is a brilliant student, he's worked out all the notes on the trumpet aurally which is amazing.
He is keen to learn and a great pupil.
Perfect! Samuel is a patient, knowledgeable, and well organised teacher. He has a great depth of understanding of Trumpet repertoire and curricula. I find his lessons to be fun, engaging, and challenging. I look forward to continuing my development as a student under his tuition.
- Sam's response : Josh is very enthusiastic and keen to learn, he is the perfect student!
View more reviews
Sam is a professional musician who gives great lessons. I had a lot of fun learning!!
Sam is a great teacher and can really help out with all your trumpet playing needs. He’s friendly and approachable so I would highly recommend him.
Sam is a dedicated, patient and talented teacher who will do his utmost to help his students achieve their goals. He will help students understand what it is their playing and how to keep improving.
Sam tutored my teenage daughter for a year. He was an excellent teacher, full of enthusiasm and creativity to help her learn and improve. He incorporated music theory to his lessons so that her understanding of music was broadened beyond learning the instrument. She thoroughly enjoyed his lessons.
View more recommendations
- 5h: £145
- 10h: £275
I will charge £0.45 per mile if I need to travel more than two miles in total.