Due to my psychology degree and previous experience both tutoring and teaching a range of students, I am able to put my skills into practice in order for the individual and myself to build up a good rapport. I am friendly, enthusiastic and empathetic, which means I am able to adjust my teaching according to the individuals needs if they are struggling to understand.
I am a psychology graduate from the University of Manchester and have taught children basic English lessons for 2 years now, privately tutoring previously in both basic maths and English. I am now offering both individual and group tutoring classes for under-18 individuals who wish to learn better English either for personal education or exam preparation from all over the world.
Proactive, motivated and empathetic psychology graduate from the University of Manchester who excels in working in fast-paced and high-pressure environments. Gained relevant experience in working with niche groups of individuals, such as schools catering for children and young adults with learning difficulties of varying severity and for the NHS. Developed strong analytical, IT and research skills and insight into abnormal and complex human psychology and mental health through relevant modules on my degree programme.
2016-2019 The University of Manchester
Bsc (Hons) Psychology
Achieved grade: 2:1
• Gained detailed knowledge and a crucial understanding of key issues underpinning many psychological concepts.
• Developed highly effective communication and team skills through working with a variety of groups organising experiments, developing presentations and writing reports.
2009-2016 King Edward High School for Girls, Edgbaston
A Levels: Psychology: A English: B Theatre Studies: B
GCSEs: 9 (1 A*, 2 A, 5 B, 1 C) including IGCSE Maths and English
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Summer 2018 NHS Birmingham Training Department
• Reviewed their 2014 mandatory training report for Birmingham’s clinical division of the NHS Foundation Trust and updated it in order to write the official 2018 NHS mandatory training report.
• Was commended by my manager.
September 2015 Teaching Assistant, Baskerville School
– May 2016
• Worked as a one-to-one teaching assistant in a class of five 11 year olds with severe learning disabilities and autism.
• Led both individual and group activities and academic lessons, both within the school and outside of the school. Required leadership when working with both the children and volunteers, creativity and effective communication in order to keep the children safe, engaged and motivated.
• Used quick initiative in order to deal with unanticipated situations and remained calm in various situations.
September 2017- Mentor, Jump Space
• Volunteered as a mentor to teach and support children and young adults who have learning difficulties and disabilities of varying severity to trampoline and participate in both sensory play and rebound therapy.
September 2018- Journalist, The Tab, Manchester
• Wrote articles on local and regional crime incidents for well-known and popular news site.
• Microsoft Office: Confident in the use and application of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Fully competent researching information using the internet and using social media platforms.
• Fluent English and Conversational French – improved through regular visits to France.
INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
• Active member of my local gym in order to maintain my personal fitness level
REFERENCES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 11+ school exam preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking phonetics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£150|