My teaching method is mainly Instructor-Led Training for individuals or group. Although I prefer face to face sessions because of its personal interaction and flexibility, I also do remote training sessions via skype, google hangouts or any other online platform convenient to the learner.
I am a Health and Social Care practitioner with significant experience in hands-on support-work, leadership and training/skills development roles in health and social care services. The scope of these includes services providing specialist support to adults with complex needs, Autism, Acquired Brain Injury, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health and Challenging behaviour. Within my current and previous roles I have facilitated learning for teams as identified through team and personal appraisals. I have participated in recruitment process, undertaking new staff interviews and support to ensure appointment of staff with appropriate skills. I have also delivered training to health and social care professionals such as GP practices, Dental surgeries, nursing and residential care homes, domiciliary care providers, care recruitment agencies and day care centres.
● Assessing and supporting learners working towards Apprenticeships Diplomas at levels 2/3 and level 5 (Bias: Health & Social Care and Team Leading and General Management)
● Delivering training and supporting learners with Functional Skills Maths and English to level 2.
● Efficient diary management to ensure timely visits and learner reviews
● Organising and maintaining documentation on learners' progress to safeguard funding and to meet standards set by awarding bodies as well as regulatory bodies.
● Overcoming barriers to learning and adapting delivery to meet learners’ needs.
● Delivering Health and Social Care workplace training courses
● Leading social care team by positively role modelling person centred care and demonstrating best practice in key leadership roles.
● Maintaining compliance to meet CQC outcomes.
● Working in partnership with other health and social care stake holders in order to achieve positive outcomes.
● Providing Health and Safety audit and QA information on a monthly basis.
● 2017 (Ongoing) CPE/LLM – Part-time
● 2018 - Diploma in Strategic Management
● 2018 - Certificate in Team and Leadership Development
● 2016 - Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA)
● 2014 - IOSH Managing Safely Certificate
● 2012 - PTLLS Level 4 Award
● 2009 - NVQ Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care
● 2008 - Certified e-Business Professional (CEP)
● 2008 - Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management
● 2004 - Bachelor of Commerce Degree – Finance Option (2:2)
● 1999 - Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
OTHER ESSENTIAL TRAINING
● Sept 2018 - College of Policing Channel General Awareness
● Aug 2016 - Prevent for Practitioners
● Jan-May 2016- Functional Skills Level 2 - Mathematics, English and ICT
● May 2015 - Assessing the Care Certificate
1. First Response Training and Consultancy Services Ltd - Training Officer (Sessional)
Oct 2014 – To date
This is a field based role delivering a range of health & social care courses for a national training provider at client venues across London and the South East of England. These include: Mandatory courses, leadership and management modules, the Care Certificate, Health and safety, Professional Boundaries and Professional Practice, Medication, Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards etc.
2. HIT Training / Connect 2 Care – Trainer Assessor
Aug 2016 – Nov 2017
Hands-on and out in the field role working with learners and employers in their places of work. The role involved being responsible for supporting a caseload of learners through level 2, 3 and 5 apprenticeship diplomas in management and health and social care including functional skills level 1 and 2.
3. Babcock International Group – Vocational Learning Advisor
Nov 2015 – July 2016
Hands-on and out in the field role working with learners and employers in their places of work. The role involved being responsible for supporting a caseload of learners through level 2 and 3 apprenticeship diplomas in health and social care including functional skills level 1 and 2.
4. Independent Lifestyles Support Services LLP – Nov 2010 – July 2015
I had different roles in this organisation. I started as a support worker and rose up to being a service manager, during which time I also served as an internal trainer and as a health and safety officer.
a. Service Manager, April 2015 – July 2015:
My role as a service manager involved managing and overseeing the effective, safe and profitable running of an autistic specific supported living service in Haywards Heath. The service is designed to address needs specific to autism in a supported tenancy model.
b. Health and Safety Officer, Feb 2014 – July 2015:
This role involved promoting a positive health and safety culture in the organisation by ensuring compliance with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
c. Trainer, Feb 2013 – July 2015:
In this role, I was involved in identifying Health and Social care training and development needs within the organization through job analysis, site inspections, audits and regular consultation with Service Managers and designing training courses tailored to meet those needs. I mainly provided Health and Safety training, ongoing support and information on health and safety to help everyone stay safe while supporting clients.
d. Support Worker Nov 2010 – Jan 2014:
I worked as a part of a team providing in an autistic specific supported living service, addressing sensory, behavioural and communication needs specific to autism in Crawley. The role involved supporting the tenants with all aspects of daily living including: finance and budgeting, life skills training, personal care and other recreational and social activities.
5. Ditchling Rural Care Ltd – Deputy Manager – April 2008 – July 2010
I worked as a deputy manager in a residential care home team providing Health and Social support for adults with learning difficulties in Crawley. I was charged with the responsibility of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care of five residents using evidence based practice.
I took charge of the home in the absence of the Manager by taking responsibility for the day-to-day running of the home ensuring that the home was run efficiently and effectively.
6. Bellevue Country House (New Care Homes) – Care Assistant (Part-time) – Feb 2007 – Jan 2009
I worked as a part time care assistant providing all aspects of care and support in a residential home for the elderly in Warninglid, Haywards Heath.
7. Consolidated Bank of Kenya Ltd – Jan 2005 – Aug 2006
I had different roles in this financial institution in credit and operation departments.
a. Credit Analyst: I was in charge of all Credit and advances matters in the branch which included completing credit application appraisals, processing of Loans, overdrafts, and other advances, Custodian of securities, Correspondence to lawyers, Record keeping, charging and redeeming, interviewing customers and offering financial advice.
Key Achievement: I designed a new credit for the bank - Solid Scholar education loan facility.
b. Graduate Clerk:
● Front office operations - I worked as customer service advisor and as a personal banker.
● Teller Operations – I received and paid cash to customers and exchanged foreign currency.
● Back office Clerk – I did all back-office operations which included data entry, remittances, processing cheques, reconciliations and returns, filing and other office admin work, System Administration.
● System Administrator – I performed start-of-day and end-of-day routines on Bankmaster and Branchpower systems, prepared and printed daily teller logs and was in-charge of computer room and equipment.
Victor's ability to effectively train is not questionable. Victor's approach is personal. It is guaranteed that all your training needs will be satisfied.
Victor is a great tutor and has helped me so much with my health and social care work. Highly Recommend!
Victor is a man of integrity, he researches his content well and delivers it with eloquence. He is sensitive to the needs of his students and has many years experience in health and social care. He makes his training sessions engaging and relevant to present health and social policy. I would recommend him highly as a trainer.
Victor is a passionate trainer and very knowledgeable with the topics he teaches. He also interacts well with his customers and keeps to his commitments.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|