My teaching method is personalised, based on an initial assessment of student ability and needs. I teach responsively, and create as many opportunities for formative assessment as possible, this informs the direction of my teaching. I also apply many cognitive theories into my practice to aid long term retention and application.
I have over 9 years experience working in the education sector. I have tutored a wide range of students of different ages and facilitate for a wide range of learning requirements and needs. My subject speciality is History, but I have experience of teaching english and humanities up to secondary level.
Santander Bank Brixton - (Personal Banker) 04/2019 - 09/2019
• Sales and customer services techniques.
• Good communication and presentation skills should be strong in effective positive communication with convincing skills.
• Strong ability to work towards targets and meet deadlines.
International Volunteers HQ (Volunteer coordinator/ English teacher) 08/2018- 03/2019
· Track record of managing volunteers effectively in organising weekly meeting
· Developing networks and relationships with a wide range of partners, volunteers and stakeholders.
· Delivering small to medium-scale programmes start to finish.
· High organisational skills with the ability to communicate to a range of audiences with impact.
· Excellent IT skills with the ability to use spreadsheets, emails and databases effectively.
· Writing letters, preparing documents, papers, presentations and organising events.
· Source exceptional candidates who are motivated to drive and shape social change.
· Motivated and stimulated children, encouraging learning through experience.
· Observed, assessed and recorded children’s progress and shared knowledge with both practitioners and parents as required.
Barclays Bank UK (Essential Banker) 11/2017- 08/2018
· Understanding the community with a customer focused attitude, helping customers with their everyday banking needs.
· Acting on client prompts to capture data, working to deliver the best personalised service.
· Ability to take the initiative, make authoritative banking decisions to permanently resolve potential issues.
· Gaining an insight into the dynamics behind the provision of the financial sector.
· Maintaining knowledge of products and services, pitching them to customers and meeting targets
Benefit Cosmetics (Beauty Advisor) 11/2016-11/2017
· Dealing with shop floor duties, customer queries, complaints and payments.
· Meeting and exceeding sale goals.
· Building rapport with customers through booking appointments and offering personalised make-up service.
Protein Haus (Editor, In-House Captain) 02/2016-01/2017
· Read content and correct for errors in spelling, punctuation and grammar.
· Rewriting, researching and creating content.
· Uploading text and images to a website using a content managing system.
· Cashier/till trained.
· Overseeing in house duties such as assisting management with recruitment and training processes.
Plashet Secondary School Newham (Teacher of History) 09/2019- Present
• Analysing all prescribed texts and resources to develop quality lesson plans and curricula.
• Collaborating with fellow teachers and learning from their methods, teaching strategies, and classroom management techniques.
• Delivering engaging History lessons on different time periods, movements, and other historical events and figures.
• Assessing exams, tests, quizzes, assignments, and presentations, and contacting parents and other faculty members to discuss concerns and schedule interventions.
• Sourcing guest speakers and organizing events and educational field trips.
• Keeping abreast of current events/movements and using these themes to keep historical content relevant.
• Ensuring all curriculum, and school, and state requirements are met.
• Providing extra support to struggling students and additional resources to those who display exceptional interest in History.
• Using digital technology to improve learning and keep accurate student records.
• Constantly expanding educational networks and participating in workshops, lectures, and other learning opportunities.
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|