During my past experience I have adjusted to a wide range of different environments, and have built excellent communication with my students. I have always valued empathy, as well as respect for every student's individuality and personalised needs. I try to embody that in my teaching by including a great variety of different, customised activities, suitable for different types of learners. Apart from following a well-organised syllabus, I emphasise on the importance of meaningful tasks in which the English Language is used creatively, as a means communication.
I am a qualified teacher and professional musician, with over six years of continuous experience, in a classroom, as well as working with smaller groups and offering personalised, one to one lessons. I have taught English and Music lessons to children, young adults, and mature students. I am trained in using different teaching techniques, ensuring that I maintain an environment where students can be motivated to achieve their goals and fulfill their potential.
The rates may vary according to the level of the student or the commuting distance.
I am a qualified teacher and professional musician, with over six years of continuous experience, in a classroom, as well as working with smaller groups and offering personalised, one to one lessons. I have taught English and Music lessons to children, young adults, and mature students. I am trained in using different teaching techniques, ensuring that I maintain an environment where students can be motivated to achieve their goals and fulfill their potential. In addition to my teaching experience, I have worked as a piano accompanist, and performed numerous solo recitals.
Key Skills: Excellent organisational skills, creative problem solving, anticipation and respect of each learner’s personalised needs, discipline and focus combined with flexibility, patience, and adaptability.
Fields of Expertise: Education, English Language and Literature, Piano Performance.
JAN 2017 –
JUN 2019 PIANO ACCOMPANIST
Rika Tsitsopoulou School of Ballet, Thessaloniki, Greece
• In this leading school of Ballet, which offered Classical and Contemporary Ballet lessons to students from the age of 4, to dancers over 18 years old, I was responsible for the selection of repertoire, adapting to the variety of the Ballet exercises, as well as the different level of each class
• I transcribed by ear assigned songs from a wide range of repertoire (from classical Ballet Suites, to different period Piano or Orchestra music, or transcribed contemporary or traditional/folk music )
SEP 2015 –
JUN 2019 ENGLISH TEACHER
Private Tutoring, Thessaloniki, Greece
• I taught English as a Second Language to young students, 8-15 years old, at Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels, and to adults of various ages at Beginner and Upper Intermediate levels;
• I drafted the syllabi based on Situational Language Teaching textbooks and, without a textbook, based on Communicative and Multiple Intelligences projects;
• I incorporated original and customised activities (Communicative, Total Physical Response, Task Based)
• I ensured that the students were motivated to participate and study, through meaningful tasks (as mentioned above), encouraging them to use the English Language creatively, as a means of communication, play, and expression, rather than adapting to a passive role of receiving and memorising information
• As a result, students were able to reach their full potential in Language comprehension and production, and were also inspired to engage actively in the learning process, both during the lesson and at home.
APR 2016 TRANSLATOR
Platon Consultants S.A., Thessaloniki, Greece
• I translated complex financial documents (income statements, balance sheets, investment planning) (Greek to English);
• I translated and edited advertisements for various Protected Designation of Origin and Protected Geographical Indication products of Greek companies (Greek to English), as part of a project aiming to attract and increase funding and investments.
FEB 2015 PRACTICAL TRAINING IN TEACHING ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE
Model Experimental School of the University Of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
• I observed teaching and kept record of observation reports, each focusing on a different aspect of the teaching process (e.g. Classroom management, Use of Teaching Aids, Pace and Variety of the lesson, Teacher’s Body language and Posture, Lesson Preparation)
• I organised lesson plans and activities for delivery in class
• I carried out lessons in a Secondary School class (S2), while being evaluated by the class teacher
• I kept records of reflective reports, which I filed both before and after each lesson, reflecting on my preparation and conduct of the lesson
• I built a detailed Practical Training portfolio representing the whole process, which was monitored by the assigned School of English A.U.Th. professor.
SEP 2013 – JAN 2014, SEP 2015 – JUN 2016 PRACTICAL TRAINING IN PIANO TEACHING
Municipal Conservatory of Edessa – Mousiko Collegio Conservatory of Thessaloniki, Edessa – Thessaloniki, Greece
• I was responsible for 3 students and their entire preparation for their exams on “Piano as a Second Instrument”. My responsibilities included
• The selection of their repertoire according to an assigned syllabus and each student’s abilities, strengths, and preferences
• Teaching the characteristics of each period and composer (Baroque to Contemporary), while cultivating the personal freedom permitted to each student in the artistic result
• Helping in the improvement of the students’ technical skills by guiding their practice so as to both overcome technical difficulties and be able to include their interpretation of each piece into their performance
• The preparation for their final examination (practice in the preparatory process of a performance which included mock recitals, techniques that help in managing stage fright/maintaining focus, performance-oriented studying)
• All 3 students successfully passed their exams with distinction.
2011 - 2015 BACHELOR DEGREE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki - School of English, Commendation, 7.59/10
• Fields of Study: English Language and Literature, American Literature, Translation, Intercultural Studies
2011 HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
1st Public High school of Edessa, Grade: 19.4/20 - Distinction
• First Of Class (Winner of Eurobank “The Great Moment for Education” prize)
• National Exam Score: 19,078/20,000, (Admitted 16th out of 260 in Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, School of English, 2011)
2001-2019 PIANO DIPLOMA
Municipal Conservatory of Edessa – Music College Conservatory of Thessaloniki , Distinction: 10/10
• Instructor: Athanasia Paschalidou
• Scholarship of the Municipal Conservatory of Edessa
• Courses included: Music Theory (Harmony and Part Writing), Solfege, Chamber Music, Music History, Choir, Sight Reading, Musical Analysis, Teaching Practice
• Private Training - Instructor: Christos Noulis, Pianist, Professor of Piano and Somatics for Musicians PhD
• Alexander Technique seminars and summer workshops with Simon Gore I.T.M., Tracy Gil I.T.M., Liz Watson I.T.M., Penny O’Connor MSTAT
2013-2019 SATYANANDA YOGA FOR MUSICIANS AND ARTISTS
Satyananda Yoga Centre of Thessaloniki
• Instructor: Lola Totsiou, pianist, piano teacher, Director of State Conservatory of Thessaloniki, Satyananda Yoga Instructor
2019, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2011, 2010 FOCUS TRAINING SUMMER SEMINARS
• Focus training is a technique with elements from the Polish director Richard Nieoszym's Soundings method and specific practices of Satyananda Yoga
• Instructor: Lola Totsiou, Focus Training instructor
2001-2018 PIANO MASTERCLASSES
• Numerous piano seminars and masterclasses with well-known and respected pianists, including but not limited to: Domna Evnouchidou, Geoffrey Madge, Alan Weiss, and Daniele Petralia, Yuri Bogdanov, and Lilia Boyadjieva (Poros International Summer Piano Academy)
2015-2019 • Solo recitals in the cities of Thessaloniki, Giannitsa, Edessa
• Thessaloniki Piano Festival 2018/Young Artists’ Recitals (Kavala)
Greek – Native Speaker
English – Bachelor Degree in English Language and Literature, A.U.Th.,
Hellenic American Union Certificate of Proficiency in English (ECPE), Level: C2
French – National Foreign Exam System (KPG), Level: B2
Italian – University Course, 4 Terms, Level: Beginner
Eleni is a very inspiring and responsible teacher. She's always very well prepared for her lessons. She's also very communicative with her students! I highly recommend Eleni for your piano lessons!
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£180||£150|