As a tutor I believe students should be given the opportunity to access language in its authentic context, I use a range of relevant, contemporary and current material (audio, video, newspaper/magazine publications, and a range of very well written textbooks) in class. I am an enthusiastic, driven and passionate languages teacher whose aim is to encourage and build students' confidence and competence in the skills of speaking, reading, listening and writing. I have a wealth of material and resources to share and teach! I deliver Business/ Economics tuition with a contemporary, relevant and enthusiastic teaching approach and up to date resources are always linked to the relevant theory in a meaningful way. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
An experienced tutor and Qualified teacher of Modern Languages and possess a BBA (Hons) and MA in International Business (Economics, Marketing, Management, Finance) and German from universities in the UK and Germany. I hold qualified teacher status (QTS) and a PGCE in Modern Foreign Languages, with my focus and specialism being German, Spanish and English as a Foreign Language. With over 6 years tutoring and teaching experience I have supported and helped a range of students and professionals to improve and enhance their understanding of Modern Languages, Business & Economics. I am now also teaching in private and state schools as a Business/Foreign Languages Teacher. I recently worked overseas as a Business Trainer. Prior to this taught Economics to International Students at the University of Sheffield as an Associate Lecturer. I work in the Yorkshire area and prepared to travel to the tutee's home when required, I also offer classes at my home and online via Skype.
Rates vary based upon tuition level & travel distance. It is better value if tutees travel to tutors' home or choose online classes.
Miss Sam Wigglesworth
Experienced Analyst, Data Manager | Director of private training company | Teacher & Student Mentor
+44 07(concealed information)
Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Manager. Qualified Lecturer & teacher with a demonstrated history of working in the public & private sector in UK and overseas. Skills developed in IT Project Management, Operations/Systems, Marketing, Big Data, and Business Intelligence. 6+ years teaching and lecturing experience in high schools and further education, military training with Liverpool Officer Training Corp.
Mar 2009- Director
Present Language School Tutors, Sheffield
- Private training and tutoring centre offering adult and student learners tutoring, support, mentoring and training in Modern Languages and Business. We provide students with support organising formal accredited course examinations for GCSE, A level, Goethe Institute Staatsexamen and Cambridge English Exams.
Oct 2016- Business Instructor
Oct 2017 Ministry of Education, Dubai
(1 year 1 month)
- A wonderful opportunity to deliver the Ministry of Education’s vocational Business programme to young women in the Northern Emirates of the UAE. Part of the government's 'Vision 2021' educating the future programme.
- A chance for me to implement some of the most innovative and up to date teaching pedagogies from my experience of teaching in the UK; encouraging the use of technologies in the classroom to drive the future and the success of women located in some of the most remote areas of the UAE.
- Successfully taught their national business curriculum to over 340 students in 2 different local government schools, 98% succeeded in passing the course well in order to either progress onto college or onto the next academic year in school.
Oct 2016- Microsoft CRM Analyst
Jan 2017 Sheffield City Region
- Recently working for Sheffield City Region, responsible for managing, maintaining and developing Sheffield City Region Growth Hub’s MS Dynamics CRM system.
- Was the go-to contact for business performance analytics in areas such as marketing strategy effectiveness and client engagement; developed use of ClickDimensions marketing tools to support analysis of the overall performance of the organisation’s regional growth goals.
- Key responsibility for maintaining and improving the full CRM back-end administration whilst working alongside external consultants. I was tasked with improving and advising how the department might provide a better platform to deliver more robust and relevant business intelligence data.
- Gained IT project management experience working alongside internal advisors and managers developing use of Bizagi Suite and Critical Path Analysis to deliver CRM process improvement.
Mar 2014 – Foreign Languages Teacher
Sept 2016 Manygates Adult Education College (Wakefield Council)
(2 years 7 months)
- Worked as a teacher of German & Spanish in Adult FE colleges across the Wakefield area. I taught beginners and advanced accredited courses in German and Spanish to post 18 students with responsibilities for planning, managing and delivering classes and creating schemes of learning; marking/assessing student progress; setting and delivering formal exams. My students were from a range of diverse backgrounds.
Sept 2013- Teacher (Languages & Business)
Sept 2016 Capita Education
- Previously working in large primary and secondary schools in South Yorkshire in long-term supply roles, delivering, assessing and planning lessons across all key stages. I developed curriculum material and delivered secondary Languages and Business classes to students aged 11-18; worked with teens and pupils from a range of backgrounds and ability levels. Received significant CPD training in how to enhance delivery of classes to students with SEN requirements, English as a Second Language. Gained experience as a user and administrator of SIMs Attendance and Assessment Manager.
June 2014- Lecturer of Economics
June 2016 University of Sheffield
- Taught at the University as an Associate Lecturer of Economics, delivering seminars and lectures to international students attending the institution's undergraduate academic program during the summer semester. Responsibilities included planning, developing and delivering seminars in the field of Economics to groups of approximately 30 students from Hosei University, Japan and well established universities in South Korea.
Mar 2009 European Data Manager & Web Coordinator
- Oct 2012 ATI Europe (Allegheny Technologies Incorporated)
(3 years 8 months)
- Managing, analyzing, reporting and presenting key performance data e.g. international order book, sales & finance data, in addition to forecasts and sales plans across international operations; communicating the results to European and US Directors / senior staff.
- Reporting & presenting European weekly, monthly and quarterly financial results vs plans across sales, finance teams and CEOs internationally.
- Worked alongside and with senior managers to create and present key metrics using MS Data Visualisation and BI Software to communicate key Aerospace, Defence and Oil and Gas sector sales performance.
- I liaised with international offices to discuss reporting results and requirements in spoken and written German, translating technical specifications into English from German/Dutch, travelling extensively overseas to work with IT and Data Analytics teams in our offices Europe and US.
- Project managed the Europe wide implementation of the business’s new (CMS) Content Management System, utilizing SharePoint 2010/SQL tools for our new web platform: (concealed information)
- Was Web Content Coordinator for the company’s new ATI Europe web platform and responsible for managing and maintaining content for ATI Europe.
- Worked on the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Companywide.
- Significantly improved data handling, reporting and management techniques using a range of reporting tools, including: SQL Reporting Services, MS Advanced Excel and Access databases.
June 2008- Commercial Finance Analyst (Graduate Intern)
Mar 2009 General Electric, UK
Mar 2007- Marketing & Supply Chain Executive (Intern)
Mar 2008 Siemens, Germany
2003 – 2005 Lancaster University, BBA (Hons) Business Administration and Management
Activities and Societies:
- Military training - Liverpool University Officer Training Corp.
- Team Leader SIFE - Students In Free Enterprise, Enterprise & Entrepreneurship Department
- Debate Team - European Union Society / Cambridge University EU Society
- Member of the Lancaster Management School Alumni Network
2006 - 2008 ESB Business School, Reutlingen University
MA (International Business/Trade/Commerce)
Activities and Societies:
- Member of ESB Alumni Network
- Member of IPBS (International Partnership of Business Schools) (concealed information)
- Business School Careers Event organiser
2012 - 2013 Sheffield Hallam University PGCE + QTS (Modern Languages)
Secondary Education and Teaching
Activities and Societies:
- PGCE Course Representative for Modern Foreign Languages Department
German – B2/C1 Spanish – A2 French – A1 Arabic – A1
Honours and Awards
Military Officer Training level 1
Lancaster University debate team
Enterprise Leader with SIFE International
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|