Ultimately, the student will be working harder than me. My philosophy is to provide the tools to problem solve and think for themselves.
Different students learn differently and it's important for me to identify their own unique learning style, not only to maximise their learning but to inspire and motivate them to learn. I endeavour to make learning both informative and enjoyable. See below a summary of my general approach:
• Focus on any identified areas of weakness and build on strengths.
• Adopt teaching method to suit student's learning style.
• Facilitate learning; encourage students to use own ideas to solve problems.
• Teach by principle enabling students to deal with all manner of complex problems.
• Assess progress using exercise workbooks and other test assessments.
• Prepare students for exams; going through past papers and exam techniques.
• Homework is given and completion is expected by next lesson.
• Required Practicals/Practical Assessment advice, including lab skills training.
If needed I can also help with university guidance, including advising on UCAS personal statements, and mock interview practice, if pursuing a degree relevant to my specialism.
I provide, free of charge, all the resources to all my students (Revision questions, Past Papers and all exam materials, homework sheets, data sheets, syllabus, etc).
Lessons will normally take place at a custom-built classroom at my home, where I also have basic laboratory equipment and chemicals to ensure complete coverage of the practical requirements.
A Qualified Teacher (QTS) with 10 years' A level/GCSE experience, ex-examiner and experienced tutor.
With degrees from King's College London in Biomedical Sciences (BSc) and Business Management (MA), I have considerable experience in both education and academia.
Ofsted has consistently noted my teaching; in 2010 for 'Outstanding progress' and for cultivating 'Excellent relationships with students', and having 'particularly strong' A level Chemistry teaching. ((concealed information) My lessons have also been been highlighted by the ex Director of the National Science Strategy (NSS) in the Ministers' Education Report to Government (2010).
GCSEs & A levels- Dame Alice Owens School
BSc- Kings' College London
PGCE- Middlesex University
MA- University of Cumbria
First lesson is not free.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|