I have been teaching students privately in various levels; students from beginning level to students who are studying in music high schools. I have a wide experience in establishing strong foundation in both technical and musical aspect of a student. I believe establishing a strong foundation is extremely important for music development of any student, therefore I am exceptionally cautious and diligent at directing student into the right direction.
Nearly every students will receive a mixture of scales, studies and pieces. For lower level students, I will focus more on basic techniques such as posture, in conjunction with studies and scales. I believe establishing firm foundation is really important for lower level students. However, for higher level students where techniques are well established, I will emphasis more on musicality, where students will get to play more pieces during each lesson.
Having lived much of my life in music, I strive to inspire all of my students to play and appreciate classical music in the way that has been shown to me. Having greatly benefitted from the teaching of renowned teachers in the Russian school, I am excited to be able to help my own students progress with the same methods.
I do recognise that each student has a different personality and different goals at any one point in time, and strive to tailor lessons to the individual. However, I do believe strongly in the importance of a solid technical foundation, as this goes beyond simple ability to play. Bad habits can lead to frustration, loss of motivation, and ultimately impede progress, so it is very important for players of all levels to think about technique as well as performance. For more serious students, we can examine technique in detail to provide the foundation that will allow them to advance to any level of performance. For more casual students, we can work to find the balance that allows them to enjoy playing their instrument without developing roadblocks.
As I had been working with many profound professors, I would like to pass on what I have learned and known to pupil who takes violin seriously. However, every student has different personality and goal at different stage, I would personally teach everyone differently to help them find passions in music in order to achieve their goal.
I was born in Tainan, Taiwan in 1994, where I began playing the violin at the age of 6. In 2008 I moved to England to pursue my study at the Yehudi Menuhin School, where I studied with violin professors Akiko Ono and Lutsia Ibragimova. In 2013, I was offered scholarships to the Royal College of Music in London where I continued to study with Ibragimova. I am currently studying for my artist’s diploma with Professor Radu Blidar supported by Lydia Napper award.
I have been performing extensively as a soloist and a chamber musician through out these years. I have performed in venues such as the Wigmore Hall, Royal Festival Hall, Menuhin Hall, Windsor Castle, The National Gallery London, Royal Ballade school, University of Cambridge (Clare Hall), Amaryllis Fleming Concert Hall, RCM Britten Theatre, and numerous venues in Taiwan such as Tainan Municipal Arts Centre, Dadong Arts Centre, Kaohsiung Culture Centre, Chimei Museum and the Taiwan National recital hall.
I have performed together with musicians including Valeriy Sokolov, Charlie Siem, Alina Ibragimova, Tasmin Little and Stephen Picard, and has had masterclasses with musicians including Viktor Tretiakov, Zakhar Bron, Maxim Vengerov and the Wihan Quartet. I have also performed concertos with orchestras such as Taiwan Soloist Orchestra, Kaohsiung Symphony Orchestra, Taiwan Artist Symphony Orchestra and Royal College of Music Symphony Orchestra.
6 December 1994
Royal College of Music
Artist diploma in performance with scholarships
09/2017 - 07/2019
Royal College of Music
Masters in Performance (MPerf) with scholarships
09/2013 - 07/2017
Royal College of Music
Bachelor of Music (BMus) with scholarships
09/2008 - 07/2013
The Yehudi Menuhin School
Secondary Education (GCSEs & A-Levels) with full scholarships
- Masterclass with Maxim Vengerov at RCM Britten Theatre
- Performed Dutilleux: Sur Le Meme Accord with RCM Symphony Orchestra conducted by Jac Van Steen at Amaryllis Fleming Concert Hall
- Violin recitals at Fudu Kian Tiok Concert Hall in Taiwan with pianist Damir Durmanovic
Performed Carmen Fantasy with Taiwan Artist Symphony Orchestra (TASO) at New Year Gala Concert at Tainan Municipal Arts Centre
Violin recital at Chimei Museum (Taiwan) in collaboration with Chimei Cultural Foundation
- Performed Mendelssohn E minor Violin Concerto with Kaohsiung Symphony Orchestra at Dadong Arts Centre in Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Violin recitals at the Taiwan National Concert Hall and Tainan Municipal Culture Centre with pianist Natalia Sokolovskaya
- Solo concert at Wigmore Hall
- Violin recitals at Tainan Governor Centre and Dunlin House of Citizen-Memorial Hall in Taiwan with Pianist Akiko Chiba
- Collaborated with Alina Ibragimova at the Menuhin Festival in Gstaad, Switzerland
- Performed with Taiwan Soloist Orchestra at the Tainan Municipal Arts Centre and Kaohsiung Culture Centre
- Performed with Viktor Tretyakov and Roby Lakatos, and received masterclass with Steven Picard at Aurora Music Festival
- Performed Vivaldi Four Seasons with Tasmin Little
- Performed with Charlie Siem and Valeriy Sokolov at the Menuhin Festival in Gstaad, Switzerland
- Performed Haydn String Quartet at Claire Hall in the University of Cambridge and attended masterclass with Wihan Quartet
Wigmore Hall, Menuhin Hall, Royal Festival Hall, National Gallery, Windsor Castle, The Royal Ballet School, Claire Hall (University of Cambridge), RCM Britten Theatre, Amaryllis Fleming Concert Hall, Gstaad Switzerland and Reims Cathedral France.
Taiwan National Concert Hall, Tainan Municipal Arts Centre, Kaohsiung Culture Centre, Kaohsiung Dadong Arts Centre, Chimei Museum, Fudu Kian Tiok Concert Hall, Tainan Governor Centre, Dunlin House of Citizen-Memorial Hall
- RCM Symphony & Philharmonic
- Menuhin School Chamber Orchestra
Bernard Haitink, Vladimir Ashkenazy, Peter Stark, Jac Van Steen, Heinrich Schiff and Maxim Vengerov
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£60||£60||Not available|