I will give lessons for A Level, GCSE students or below. My techniques are flexible and can be discussed depending on the student's individual needs. I understand that no two students are the same. I care deeply about providing quality tuition that is also fun and really engages the student and relates to their personal interests.
I am a recent graduate of English Literature with a 2.1 degree from the University of Leeds. I have tutored casually before but am now looking to go into it more seriously. In the past my students have achieved higher GCSE and A Level results as a result of my tutoring.
Cancellation policy: If you cancel with less than 48 hours notice the full charge will be payable.
A recent graduate with a 2.1 degree in English Literature from the University of Leeds. Experience working in the travel and tourism industry in a management position; also responsible for regular blogs and marketing output. I am looking to secure a graduate role in a fast-paced workplace, ideally in the media industry, where I can use the writing abilities developed during my degree and employment experience.
UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS
Sept ’16 – June ‘19
BA (Hons) English Literature
Sept ’14 – June ’16
A-Levels: AAA in English Literature, Psychology and Religious Studies
SAINT MARTIN’S SCHOOL SOLIHULL
Sept ’12 – June ‘14
GCSE’s: 3A*s, 4As, 3Bs
April ’19 – September ‘20
Student Experience Manager
- Promoted to this position following success in my role the year prior
- Designed and booked two bespoke activity programs for children aged 5-15 attending the summer school
- Led and supervised a team of 9 staff in the running of these activities for up to 100 children at a time
- Liaised over the phone and over email with excursion sites and transport companies on a daily basis
- Led and supervised excursions of up to 100 children in and outside Cambridge
- Designed risk assessments and implemented them alongside a strict health and safety policy
- Adapted to highly pressurized circumstances and sudden changes of plan due to weather or other events
- Chaired weekly staff meetings with my team to appraise the week and iron out any issues
- I was the first point of call for parents with questions about the summer school and their children
- Was responsible for regular blogs and other marketing material on the company website and social media channels
June ’18 – August ‘18
Senior Activity Leader and Operations Assistant
- Led and supervised an activity program for children attending the summer school
- Held staff meetings and resolved disputes between staff members
- Assisted in the general operations of the summer school including answering the phone, liaising with parents and making packed lunches
July ’16 – Aug ’16 and July ’17 – Aug ’17
Activity Leader and Leisure Coordinator
- Worked for 12 weeks in three summer school centres
- Planned and ran activities for over 100 children at a time
- Led excursions to destinations around the country
- Implemented safeguarding and welfare policies
- Liaised with international adult group leaders and catered to their specific needs and the needs of their group
- Adapted to help in other areas of the business such as assisting the welfare team
- Consistently scored A grades in midterm and end of contract appraisals
- Volunteered at a government-run orphanage in Sri Lanka (Aug ’15). Led activities for 90+ children including art and craft and sports, as well as helping the children learn to read and write in English
- Volunteered at Leeds Children’s Hospital on the cystic fibrosis ward, using distracting play techniques to calm children down before procedures and generally provide respite for their parents
- I wrote articles for the university newspaper, The Gryphon. I had to pitch my ideas to the editor and keep to tight weekly deadlines. One of my articles was nominated for an award
- I am an avid reader of both novels and poetry, and also enjoy writing my own poetry, one of which won the Simon Powell Poetry Prize (’14). I was selected from over 500 entries
- I am interested in photography, specifically analogue, and have self-taught darkroom development and printing
reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, poetry lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£60||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£120||£150|