I base my teaching along the ABRSM guidelines, and also apply the Suzuki method to beginners. Students can be of any age, at any level, and I will personally tailor each lesson plan to fit each student's strengths and weaknesses. I have helped my students pass their ABRSM exams with top marks and distinctions and can guide you to achieve the same results. I will help you achieve your personal goals, whatever they may be, and push you towards improvement whilst enjoying learning music!
I am a violinist based in London, and currently perform with established orchestras such as: the BBC Symphony, the Royal Scottish National Orchestra and Wales National Opera.
I attended a specialist music school from the age of 10, and started attending the RCM at age 18 with a full scholarship. I have a BMus with First Class Honours, a Masters of Performance with Distinction and an Artist Diploma degree. I have performed in venues such as the Wigmore Hall, the Brighton Dome, Kumho Arts Hall and the Menuhin Hall as a soloist, and was selected to participate in the LSO and BBC Symphony Orchestra String Schemes.
I have been private teaching since 2012, and have also worked as an assistant in various Sparks and Outreach workshops. I completed the Professional Skills Teaching module in my second year of my Bachelor degree.
ANNA LEE Violin
EMAIL: (concealed information)
TELEPHONE: (concealed information)9
PROFESSIONAL ORCHESTRAL EXPERIENCE
• Currently on trial as First Violin Tutti with the Welsh National Opera from October 2019
• Currently on trial as First Violin Tutti trial with the Royal Scottish National Orchestra, November 2019
• Regularly play in the first violin section of the BBCSO on a freelance basis.
• Selected for Chipping Campden Festival Academy Orchestra 2020
• BBC Symphony Orchestra Pathway Scheme 2016-2017
• London Symphony Orchestra String Experience Scheme 2015-2016
• RCM Symphony Orchestra- led first and seconds in various projects
• RCM Philharmonic- led first and second violins in various projects
• RCM String Band Orchestra - leader
• Yehudi Menuhin School Orchestra, particularly taking in the Menuhin Festival in Gstaad
• Brahms Double with the Thames Philharmonia, and cellist Maxim Calver
• Recitals given at the Korean Cultural Centre, London
• Perform regularly at the Austrian Cultural Centre, St Mary Abbotts Kensington, All Saints Parish Church High Wycombe
• Paganini’s God Save the King at the Wigmore Hall, RCM String Showcase Concert
• Szymanowski’s Nocturne and Tarantella at the Yehudi Menuhin School Graduation Recital at the Wigmore Hall, and also for Sean Rafferty’s programme In Tune, on BBC Radio 3
• Mozart’s Sinfonia Concertante for Violin and Viola in E flat- with Brighton Philharmonic Orchestra
• Solo recital at the Kumho Arts Hall in Seoul, South Korea
• Mozart Violin Concerto No.4 in D with the Kammerphilharmonie dacapo München
• Menuhin Hall Lunchtime & Showcase concerts
• Joined the LGT Young Soloists Ensemble on the MS Europa 2 cruise in May 2019, performing as a soloist and as a chamber musician
• Mendelssohn’s Sextet Op 110 at the Cadogan Hall, as part of the RCM Rising Stars concert series 2015
• Brahms Piano Quartet No.1 in G minor at the AFH as part of the RCM Prize-winners concert series, after having won the Albany Piano Chamber Competition in May 2014, with her group the Adamo Quartet.
• 2018-present: currently Artist Diploma student, Scholar, graduating in July 2019
• 2016-18: Royal College of Music- Masters of Performance Distinction, Scholar
• 2012-16: Royal College of Music- Bachelor of Music (Honours) First Class, Scholar
• 2004-12: Yehudi Menuhin School for young musicians
PRIZES AND AWARDS
• First Prize Winner, 2019 Grand Prize Virtuoso London Competition, with a performance at the Elgar Room, Royal Albert Hall, April 2019
• 2016-2019: Ian Stouzker Prize Scholar, supported by a Joan Weller scholarship
• 2012-16: Armitage Scholar, supported by the Ian Stoutzker Prize
• 2016-19: played on a Joseph Rocca violin 1848, on loan from the Royal College of Music London
• 2014 Albany Piano Chamber Competition Winner, with her group the Adamo Piano Quartet
TEACHERS: Radu Blidar, Natasha Boyarsky, Lutsia Ibragimova
MASTERCLASSES: Maxim Vengerov, Nicola Benedetti, Vasko Vassilev, Alina Ibragimova, Igor Ozim, Zvi Zeitlin, Heinrich Schiff, Nam Yoon Kim, Peter Herresthal and Alexander Gilman.
Three varied pieces by Britten were supplemented by Mozart’s Sinfonia Concertante, played with youthful charm by two members of the world famous Yehudi Menuhin School, violinist Anna Lee and viola player Nazli Erdogan.
Lee, clearly a gifted Korean 17-year-old, played with effortless skill and necessary detachment- the worthinghearld.co.uk
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£45||£40|
|5 hours||Not available||£210||£200|
|10 hours||Not available||£440||£400|