Teaching in Guitar
Darragh teaches guitar, both electric and acoustic, from beginner to advanced levels.
- Exploration of the guitar and the range of tones it can achieve, and turning that in to your own unique style
- Exploration of musical styles
- Exploring chords and scales
- Exploring technique
- Understanding of musical theory
- Rockschool, Trinity and LCM grades as well as prepping students for audition at higher education institutions (if desired)
Teaching Music Theory
Darragh is an experienced musical theory teacher teaching beginner to advanced level.
- Exploration of musical styles and analysis of stiles
- Analysis of songs from a theoretical point of view
- Compositional techniques
- ABRSM Grades (if required)
As a recent graduate of the Royal Northern College of Music, Darragh has a great grounding in the technical knowledge and understanding of music which has allowed him to gain a diverse portfolio of experience. He is a founding member and lead guitarist for the Manchester based alternative rock band Cosmo Calling, who have released 7 singles so far and amassed over 250,000 Spotify streams working with Scruff of the Neck Records. Darragh was part of DJ Spoony’s Garage Classical with the Ignition Orchestra that headlined the Friday night at Liverpool International Music Festival, playing guitar and keyboards with the project that then went on to sell out the Barbican centre and Hammersmith Apollo in 2018.
Darragh provides an encouraging, creative learning environment focused on getting each student to achieve their personal goals, and enjoy the journey!
- Ignition Orchestra (2017-present): Guitarist and keys player for DJ Spoony’s Garage Classical project, also providing arrangements for the orchestra. The project headlined the Friday night of Liverpool International Music Festival in July 2017. The orchestra has sold out shows at the Barbican in July 2018, and Hammersmith Apollo in December 2018. The project has also recorded an album set for release in summer 2019 through Sony with a further live date scheduled for the Royal Albert Hall in October 2019
- Cosmo Calling (2015-present): Guitarist and founding member of the band, formed autumn 2015 currently on a distribution deal with Scruff of the Neck Records. Performed at festivals such as Y Not, Dot to Dot, Great Escape and Head for the Hills. We have also sold out headline shows at venues such as the Deaf Institute (Manchester), the Old Blue Last (London) and Band on the Wall (Manchester). We have released 8 singles so far, amassing over 250,000 streams Spotify streams to date, as well as multiple national radio plays on BBC Radio 6 Music, BBC Introducing and Xfm Manchester.
Brighter Sound Commission - Manchester Hill Remembered (2018): Selected as one of 13 young, Manchester based musicians to write new music in commemoration of the battle of Manchester Hill, working with Stuart McCallum (Cinematic Orchestra, The Breath), John Ellis (Cinematic Orchestra, Lily Allen), Luke Flowers (Cinematic Orchestra, Corinne Bailey Rae), singer-songwriters Seaming To and Liam Frost, and composer Katie Chatburn. The work was then performed at Manchester Cathedral with national media coverage.
-The Blackberry Fold (2017-present): Founding member of the 2 piece folk band signed to Northern Quarter Records.
-RNCM Session Orchestra (2016-2019): Successfully auditioned for the 90 piece RNCM Session orchestra and choir, performing to a sold out RNCM Opera Theatre April 2018. Arranged music for the ensemble’s performance in October 2017 and performed at Birmingham town hall with the band on a Music for Youth outreach project in summer 2016.
-Under the Covers (2017-present): Successfully auditioned to join the roster of musicians for the events agency, regularly gigging across the UK.
Earcandy (2016-present): Successfully auditioned to join the roster of musicians for the events agency, gigging across the UK with the ‘Black and Gold’ band.
-Front Row Music (2016-present): Tutor for guitar, years 1-6, in primary schools across the greater Manchester area
-Mahdlo Project (2016): Educator on a music project for under privileged children in association with the Mahdlo centre, Oldham
-Leona Lewis (2015): Backing vocal choir ‘I Am’ tour, Liverpool
-Trackside studios (2015-present): Part time teacher, both guitar and drums to students of all ages with standards up to grade 8 and above
-Ben Gorb (2014-2015): Selected to be the drummer on the ‘Part of Me’ single recording, released 2015
-Wigan Youth Jazz Orchestra (2014-2015): Successfully auditioned as the drummer, going on to win the Great North Big Band competition youth section 2015 (Dave Little)
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, acoustic guitar lessons for all!
Taking electric guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||£25||Not available|
|5 hours||£100||£100||Not available|
|10 hours||£220||£220||Not available|