I started my professional career as a clarinettist with the senior band in the British Army and performed throughout the UK including the Royal Albert Hall and the Royal Festival Hall as well as doing radio and TV work and recordings.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach the clarinet and music theory.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I attended the students' course at Kneller Hall, The Royal Military School of Music, Twickenham.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £30.00 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
I mainly teach at home in Isleworth.
- When are you available?
I am available daytimes and evenings, Mondays to Fridays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach ages 8-80! Beginners to advanced.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I can prepare students for Grades 1 to 8 ABRSM.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I can teach online via Skype.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I believe there are some vital qualities to have as a teacher: endless patience, a love of music and being able transmit that, the ability to establish solid technical ability and the desire to simply relax and have some fun, for the student and the teacher. Children, adolecents and adults tend to do best at things they simply enjoy doing.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have over 40 years experience as a peripatetic and private tutor.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained at the The Royal Military School of Music, Twickenham.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a member of The Musician's Union.
clarinet lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|