• Using military experiences as Royal Army Medical Corps (combat medic) and Royal Engineer to motivate learners.
• Using significant scientific experiences to provide inspirational scientific stretch and challenge for all students.
• Publishing scientific papers (over 84 authored publications). For instance-the Journal of Molecular Cardiology and a Royal Society of Chemistry monograph.
• 24 years of experience working in technical, R&D and industrial positions with a demonstrable track record of success in various scientific roles.
• Encouraging students to Aim Higher through developed contacts with various universities, professional scientific bodies e.g. arranging work placements for A-Level science students at Imperial College London and other scientific establishments.
• Using the new 9-1 assessment structure with confidence.
• Preparing SOW, resources and lesson plans for different classes in line with the requirements of the school’s Teaching and learning Policy.
• Combining outstanding levels of subject knowledge with a variety of teaching strategies to provide a stimulating, challenging and interesting learning environment for students with differing abilities.
• Maintaining a structured learning environment in the classroom through the consistent application of the School’s Behaviour Policy.
WORK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS
2012 - now Teaching supply jobs. E.g.Langdon Park School, Beth`s Grammar School, Emmanuel Independent School (also now attending paid trial days) Job flexibility needed due to being a carer for a family member
• At each of these schools taught KS3 - 5 chemistry/biology and up to KS4 Physics, Math’s and English and arranged work placements at prestigious universities (e.g. Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London). In addition taught SEN students (as a former SEN student himself before joining the British Army).
• Prepared SOWs, prepared and marked assessments along with volunteering in extracurricular activities e.g. science clubs and D of E (holds the gold award) and is an avid mountaineer and adventurer.
2009 - 2011 Imperial College London (Faculty of Medicine) Research Associate- Cardiac Electro-physiology
2007- 2009 Manchester Interdisciplinary Bio centre (School of Chemistry, University of Manchester) Research Associate
1983 - 1985 H. M. Forces (British Army), Royal Army Medical Corps Combat Medical Technician (Para Medic)
1980 - 1982 H. M. Forces, (British Army), Royal Engineers Mechanical Engineering and Combat Engineer
2014 PGCE Secondary Science (specialising in Chemistry) Brunel University
2005 PhD Biochemistry (An unprecedented 20 scientific papers declared from thesis) University of Greenwich
1997 B.Sc. (Hon) Biochemistry 2:1 University of Greenwich
• I have taught SEN/PRU students and students with behavioural difficulties Maths, English and general science (KS 3 - 4) and other students up to KS 5 Biology and Chemistry.
• Supply teaching became a positive experience, under difficult circumstances, teaching in various schools such as Independent, Grammar schools, good/outstanding academies and challenging academies; teaching various curriculums up to KS 5 Chemistry, Biology and Physics and FE lecturing levels 1, 2 and 3 BTech courses and undergraduate students at HE institutions (e.g. Imperial College London, UCL and the University of Manchester).
• Please find attached my latest cv and covering letter which I am told are very strong. The links below my signature (below) provide additional information about me which I am sure you will find interesting.
• I have arranged work placements for KS4 and A level students interested in undertaking Science Degrees at Universities as a consequence of my strong relationships with Imperial College, UCL, Kings and Cambridge Universities; who I have collaborated with in the past and am still doing so currently.
• To date I have taught “cross curriculum subjects” allowing students to benefit from all of my experiences in an array of related topics which I applied dynamically. This allowed me to further differentiate in the class room.
• In addition, I have applied all of the acquired theoretical knowledge to both pure research and in related industries, as reflected in my work history and scientific publications to date which receive many citations.
• I have declared and published an unprecedented (and considered to be amongst the highest (if not the highest)) number of scientific papers on record for a PhD dissertation.
• My work is also employed by NASA and Interpol to develop their technologies in addition to many other applications in disease characterization and diagnosis, authenticating pigments in historical oil paintings to identify forgeries, environmental analysis and development of cutting edge sensors used in the battle field and airports for narcotics and explosive detection to name a few examples.
• My teaching experience has been in Independent schools, mainstream schools/academies, challenging academies and in FE/HE. In addition, I have taught at several faith schools. With respect to curriculums I have had experience of most of the curriculums followed in the UK which include OCR, Edexcel, AQA, BTech and iGCSE to name a few.
• As you can see from my CV I have considerable experience teaching science at all levels and would welcome an immediate start supply position leading to a permanent position. I also hold a PhD in Biochemistry and PGCE in science (Brunel University) and have considerable experience as a practitioner of science (and have over 80 scientific, namely chemistry and biochemistry, publications mainly as first named author) and served as a soldier in the British Army.
My profile and experience fits perfectly with that outlined in your person specifications and the science courses taught at your institution.
I look forward towards your reply.
Dr I T Shadi
B.Sc. (Hon`s), PhD, PGCE, MRSC, CChem
PhD Thesis Registered at the British Library (London):
URL: (concealed information)
URL: (concealed information)
Scientific Papers and Citations for Dr IT Shadi:
URL: (concealed information)
URL: (concealed information)
URL: (concealed information)
URL: (concealed information)
DfE Teacher Reference Number (TRN): 1248553
Royal Society of Chemistry
Membership Number: 358745
Email: (concealed information) (concealed information) (concealed information) Skype id: it.shadi LinkedIn
(concealed information) Googling my name will present further information.
• Taught KS3-KS4 Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, English and is experienced teaching up to KS5 biology and chemistry. He also taught SEN/PRU students and students with behavioural difficulties Maths, English and general science (KS 3 - 4). In addition he has experience of FE lecturing BTech science levels 1, 2 and 3 and undergraduate students at HE institutions (e.g. 1st and 2nd year medical students at Imperial College London).
• To date “cross curriculum teaching” has been his passion allowing students to benefit from all of his experiences in an array of related topics which were applied dynamically. This allowed specific differentiation in the class room. In addition he applied all of the acquired theoretical knowledge to both pure research and in related industries, as reflected in his work history and scientific publications to date which receive many citations. His profile, publications and citations can be found by Googling his name only.
• Schools/Academies will have the advantage that he will bring a wealth of research, lecturing and teaching experience. He has also arranged work placements for A level students interested in undertaking science Degrees at Universities as a consequence of his strong relationship with Imperial College, UCL, Kings and Cambridge Universities.
• His teaching experience has been in Independent schools, mainstream schools/academies, very challenging academies and in FE/HE. In addition he has taught at several faith schools. He has experience of most of the curriculums followed in the UK which include OCR, AQA, BTech and iGCSE to name a few.
• As you can see from his CV he has gained considerable experience teaching science at all levels. He holds a PhD in Biochemistry and PGCE in science (Brunel University) and has considerable experience as a practitioner of science (with over 80 scientific, namely chemistry, biochemistry and collaborative publications mainly as first named author) and served as a soldier in the British Army.
• He recently completed a PGCE (Secondary Science with chemistry) with teaching placements at Tonbridge Independent School for Boys, Tonbridge, Kent and St Catherine’s Catholic School for Girls, Bexleyheath, Kent. The former equates to Eaton School.
• Since attaining his PGCE in July 2014 he has undertaken a number of supply teaching and lecturing roles. These have provided an array of invaluable teaching experiences, in various academic settings including prestigious independent schools, academies, colleges and faith schools, of various Ofsted ratings, located in London, Hertfordshire, Essex, Kent and Surrey. He has taught all three sciences and Mathematics/English at KS3–4, BTech levels 2 and 3 and Chemistry/Biology at KS 5 (including SEN students). This portfolio has enabled him to collate and appreciate the various learning environments students develop within and take unique experiences from each and develop as a practitioner of delivering learning.
• He is a highly motivated and driven individual with over 20 years of experience working in technical, R&D and industrial positions with a demonstrable track record of success in various scientific roles. He has presented at international conferences all over the world, as shown in his publications to date. Recently employed by the Medway School of Pharmacy, Imperial College London(Faculty of Medicine), Manchester Interdisciplinary Bio centre (School of Chemistry, University of Manchester), as an Aerospace Quality Engineer, Senior Laboratory Technician and served as a soldier in the British Army.
• He has co-authored a Royal Society of Chemistry monograph (published in 2005), prior to being examined (by viva voce) for the award of PhD. Chapter 10 of this Royal Society of Chemistry analytical book (monograph) was taken directly from his data and scientific papers published as a consequence of his doctoral work. This book is quoted in his list of publications and can be viewed via Google. He declared and published an unprecedented (and considered to be amongst the highest (if not the highest)) number of scientific papers on record for a PhD dissertation. His work is also employed by NASA and Interpol to develop their technologies in addition to many other applications in disease cauterisation and diagnosis, authenticating pigments in historical oil paintings to identify forgeries, environmental analysis and development of cutting edge sensors used in the battle field and airports for narcotics and explosive detection to name a few examples.
• His skills and experience are extensive, as demonstrated by his career to date. He is a published author (who also peer reviews for international scientific journals) and is highly experienced in the chemical and life sciences and is experienced in teaching at all levels including universities, colleges and schools (teaching GCSE, IGCE, B-Tech levels 1, 2 and 3 sciences and A level (Biology and chemistry) syllabuses and Key stages 3 to 5, teaching general science (plus maths and English KS 3-4) specialising in chemistry, biochemistry and biology.
• He has excellent experience in a variety of scientific roles and is able to quickly trouble shoot issues immediately they arise, plan work/projects meticulously, present (and communicate) complex data; is an excellent communicator, achieves demanding targets and works efficiently as a member of a team. His last publication was in the Journal of Molecular Cardiology which can be seen via Google scholars, (concealed information) (personal webpage) LinkedIn and ResearchGate. He has several papers at press at this time and receives requests, from editors of high impact international journals, to prepare and submit invited review articles as an expert.
• INTERPOL AND N.Y.P.D. (U.S.A.) -Employ his research publications in development of forensic techniques for crime detection.
• STRADIVARIUS VIOLINS -Analysed for the first time, employing advanced SERS Nano techniques, the dyes Alizarin and Purpurin believed to be fundamental to the unique acoustics of these violins.
• NASA -Cite several of his publications for the development of instrumentation and techniques for space missions.
• DECLARED AND PUBLISHED an unprecedented number of scientific papers prior to PhD viva voce examination.
• INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES –Presented pioneering research data at international conferences all over the world.
• BRITISH ARMY- Whilst serving as a soldier (paramedic) became personal medic to several members of the Royal Family and delivered a baby.
• MANCHESTER INTERDISCIPLINARY BIO CENTRE- Characterised, for the first time, keloid cancer in collaboration with plastic surgeons.
• METROPOLITAN POLICE- Evaluated (as a member of a Research and Consultancy group) several designs of body armour for the Home Office prior to issuing to all police forces in the UK.
• UNIVERSITY OF GREENWICH and BRUNEL UNIVERSITY - His research data forms part of the MSc Analytical Chemistry Curriculums.
• IMPERIAL COLLEGE - Brought to the cardiac electrophysiology group both technical and research expertise. Initiated and drove forward several collaborative projects to solve several cardiology questions (projects are ongoing and several papers have been published as a consequence).
• Experienced in most spectroscopic techniques including synchrotron radiation, AFM, UV-Vis, NMR (with experience of CT and MRI), MS (MALDI-TOF), Fluorescence (including microscopy, Optical Mapping, FLIM and FACS), FT-IR and Raman (including SERS/TERS), PCR, Western blotting, Protein purification techniques, GC, HPLC and CE.
• Experienced in implementing COSHH and carrying out, and documenting, risk assessments and SOP`s.
• Extremely well organised, experienced in preparation and presentation of complex data, prepare detailed reports working under pressure and achieve demanding targets.
June 2014 Brunel University – PGCE (Secondary Science specialising in Chemistry)-completed (Part Time).
Dec 2005 University of Greenwich- PhD Biochemistry (part time) - 20 scientific papers declared (8 papers and RSC book/monograph published, remainder were at press prior to viva voce examination). Internally graded A*
April 2005 Westminster Kingsway College - City & Guilds (Certificate in Delivering learning) – 7302 level 3 – Pass.
July 1997 University of Greenwich - B.Sc. (Hon's) Biochemistry (part time) - 2:1
1983 to 1985 H.M. Forces (British Army), Royal Army Medical Corps – Combat Medical Technician (Para Medic).
1980 to 1982 H. M. Forces, (British Army),Royal Engineers - BTECH – Mechanical Engineering (Plant Fitter Mechanic) and Combat Engineer (Explosives, Mine Warfare, Water supplies and bridge building/demolition).
• Member of the Infrared and Raman Discussion Group (IRDG) – since October 1998
• Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry (MRSC) – since November 2003
• Member of HEaTED (Higher Education & Technicians Education and Development) – Since April 2009 (Imperial College London).
• CChem (Chartered Chemist).
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Note: supply teaching undertaken because his father passed and had to manage the family business/affairs. His family reside in Manchester and it was unclear if he would relocate.
SCIENCE TEACHING SUPPLY- PGCE placements, taught in various Independent Schools, Colleges, Academies and Secondary Schools from OFSTED satisfactory to outstanding classifications - Aug 2012 (started part time PGCE in science) to current (In chronological order).Teaching chemistry, biology and physics from KS 3 to 5, English and Maths KS 3 - 4, BTech levels 1 -3 and students with various SEN/PRU needs.
• CURRENTLY TEACHING AT: Quintin Kynaston Academy, Marlborough Hill, London, NW8 ONL SEN experience
• Science (Supply Teacher), Darul Uloom Academy, Foxbury Avenue, Chislehurst, Kent, BR7 6SD (6th Feb - 10th Mar 2017).
• Science (Supply Teacher), Langdon Park School, Tower Hamlets, London, E14 0RZ, (11th Nov – 22nd Dec 2016), SEN experience.
• Science Tutor (Saturday/, Sundays), London School of Tuition, Crest Academy, Neasden, NW2 7SN, (15th Oct – 30th Oct 2016).
• Science (Supply Teacher), Kingsdale Foundation School, Alleyn Park, Dulwich London SE21 8SQ, (22nd Mar 2016 –10th Jun 2016).
• Science (Supply Teacher), Beth`s Grammar School, Bexley, Kent,DA5 1NE, (28th Jan – 18th Mar 2016).
• Science (Supply Teacher), Trinity Secondary School, Taunton Rd, Lee, London SE12 8PD, (25th Jan 2016 – 27th Jan 2016).
• Science (Supply Teacher), St. Paul's Way Trust School, 125, St Paul's Way, London, E3 4FT, (8th Dec5 –15th Jan 2015).
• Science (Supply Teacher), Wilmington Academy, Wilmington, Dartford, Kent, DA2 7DR, (16thNov –7TH Dec 2015), SEN experience.
• Science (Supply Teacher), Erith School, Avenue Rd, Erith, Kent DA8 3BN, (2nd Nov 12th Nov 2015), SEN experience.
• Science (Supply Teacher), South Essex College, Essex SS1 1ND Level 3 B-TEC Fisheries/Animal science, (1st Sept – 30thOct 2015).
• Science (Supply Teacher), Crown Woods School, Riefield Road, London, SE9 2QN, (15th Jun – 31st Jul 2015), SEN experience.
• Science (Supply Teacher), Hathaway Academy (Supply Teacher),Grays, RM17 5LL,(11th May – 29th May 2015),SEN experience.
• Science (Supply Teacher), King Solomon School (Supply Teacher), Ilford, Essex IG6 3HB, (20th Apr –8thMay 2015) SEN experience.
• Science (Supply Teacher), Dartford Science &Technical College, Heath Lane, Dartford, Kent DA1 2LY, (20th Mar –17th April 2015).
• Science (Supply Teacher), Francis Combe Academy, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD25 7HW, (23rd Feb-20th March 2015), SEN experience.
• Science (Supply Teacher), Sackville Independent School, Hildenborough, Kent, Tonbridge TN11 9HN, (2nd Feb - 20th Feb 2015), SEN experience.
• Science (Supply Teacher), Longfield Academy, Main Road, Longfield, Kent DA3 7PH, (5th Jan-30th Jan 2015), SEN experience.
• Science (Supply Teacher), Lingfield Notre Dame Independent School, Lingfield, Surrey, RH7 6PH, (25thNov - 18th Dec 2014).
• Science (Supply Teacher), Ebbsfleet Academy, Southfleet Road, Swanscombe, Kent, DA10 0BZ SEN experience.
• Science (Supply Teacher), Prendergast Ladywell Fields School, Lewisham, London, SE4 1SA, (3rd Nov - 24th Nov 2014), SEN experience.
• Chemistry Lecturer (Supply Teacher), Redbridge College, Romford RM6 4XT.Teaching B-Tech levels 2/3 sciences, mainly chemistry, (22nd Sept –31st Oct 2014), SEN experience.
• Science (Supply Teacher), Emanuel Independent School, Battersea Rise, London, SW11 1HS, (2ndSept - 19th Sept 2014).
PGCE (Secondary Science with Chemistry) Teacher Training (part time) Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex,
(Sept 2012 to July 2014).
• Placements at Tonbridge Independent Boys School, Tonbridge, Kent, (from Oct to Dec 2013) and St Catherine’s Catholic School for Girls, Bexleyheath, Kent (from Jan 2014 to Jul 2014). SEN experience.
FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT
Short term contracts – Sept 2011 to Aug 2012
Imperial College London, Faculty of Medicine – Apr 2009 to Sept 2011
• Position: Research Associate - Cardiac Electrophysiology (supporting team of cardiologists)
Stone Engineering Ltd - Aug 2008 to Mar 2009
• Position: Quality Aerospace Engineer
Manchester Interdisciplinary Bio-Centre – MIB (the University of Manchester) - Feb 2007 to Aug 2008
• Position: Research Associate
North West Kent College - Jul 2006 to Feb 2007
• Position: Part Time Chemistry Lecturer
University of Greenwich (Research and Consultancy), School of Science -Feb 2006 to July 2006
• Position: Research Associate
University of Greenwich (Research and Consultancy), Medway School of Science- Mar 2004 to Feb 2006
• Position: Research Associate
University of Greenwich, School of Science - May 1992 to March 2004
• Position: Chemical and Life Sciences Senior Laboratory Technician
Department of Transport, Marsham St (Head Office), London -Sept 1991 to May 1992
• Position: Administrative Officer.
Various Short Contracts – 1985 to 1991
British Army - Aug 1980 to Sept 1985
• Served the Royal Engineers (Plant Fitter Mechanic / Combat Engineer (mine warfare, bridge building/demolition, water supplies)) and later in the Royal Army Medical Corps (Combat Medical Technician (Para Medic)).
• IT literate in word processing, spreadsheets, Power Point, using the internet and emails.
• Trained to use scientific software - Unicorn 5, MatLab, Origin, Map and Sage accounts, Chem Draw software.
OTHER ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
• Member of a mountain rescue team.
• Completed Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme (attained Gold) and Outward Bound course.
• Mountaineering, motorcycling and play various sports such as football, tennis, squash, cycling to name a few.
List of Publications (available via Google scholars and (concealed information)
Scientific Papers Published, at Press or in Preparation
2014 – 2016 Several papers at press.
2012 - 2014 7 scientific papers published
2011 5 scientific papers published
2010 15 scientific papers published
2009 4 scientific papers published
1998 to 2008 54 scientific papers published Total of 85 scientific papers and one Royal Society of Chemistry Monograph published.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking biochemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£48||£35|
|5 hours||Not available||£210||£175|
|10 hours||Not available||£400||£350|