I operate on Zoom and offer a free taster lesson in which I prepare a short test for students to do, this highlights any weak areas for me to help students with. From here, I make a list of topics to incorporate into future lesson plans e.g. - going through content and answering exam style questions together. I also allow time for my students to consolidate their learning outside of lesson time and give them a chance to demonstrate their knowledge by setting tests after completion of each topic.
I am a 2nd year Optometry student at City, University of London and have been teaching Mathematics (KS2/11+ up to GCSE level) as well as Biology and Chemistry (KS2 up to GCSE level) for 2 years. I have taught over 15 students that have produced results such as securing a place in their desired 11+ entry school or achieving grade 7 or higher in GCSE Mathematics.
For 1.5 hour lessons I charge £50 per hour.
Palvi Maya Halai
Address: 39 Colnhurst Road, WD17 4BX | Email: (concealed information) | Mobile: (concealed information)7
City, University London – Optometry BSc (Hons) Sept 2018 – Present
St Helens School, Northwood
• Biology (B), Chemistry (B), Maths (B), Psychology AS-Level (A) Sept 2016 – June 2018
• 6 A*s, 3 As, 1 B. English Language (B), Mathematics (A*), Sciences (A*) Sept 2014 – June 2016
Optometry Internship in Ghana (Cape Coast) November 2019
• Provided customer service skills in an optometric practice.
• Gained knowledge and experience of rare eye diseases in a hospital-based setting, as well as witnessing ophthalmic operations such as cataract surgeries.
• Volunteered in a Christian Eye Centre and helped provide eye examinations.
Burnett Hodd & Tam Optometry July 2017
• Provided customer service skills by helping dispense glasses and contact lenses.
• Assisted with clinical procedures such as lacrimal syringing.
• Replenished stock on shop floor.
Hatchend Eyecare – Hatchend July 2016
• Developed customer service skills by engaging in clinical conversations with patients.
• Helped to create and complete patient files.
Mathematics Tutoring (11 plus – GCSE Level) July 2019 - Present
• Prepared young children for mathematics exams and provided them with extra support in mathematics.
• Developed teaching skills by delivering concise explanations and methodologies for my students.
Sports 2011 - Present
• Part of City, University London - Hindu Society netball squad.
• Part of school badminton squad and still play regularly in a social setting.
Phab UK Oct 2016 – April 2018
• Helped organise fundraising events which enabled disabled teenagers to enjoy a week of entertaining activities.
• Provided physical care for disabled teenagers for one week on two separate occasions.
• Learned how to adapt my verbal and physical communication skills in different environmental settings.
• Intermediate level in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote and Excel.
• Gujarati (conversational), Mandarin (basic in conversational and written).
Maya has helped me go from a grade B to a grade A*. She is extremely patient and goes through things very thoroughly. Her lessons are always engaging, which has made me enjoy learning maths.
10/10 would honestly recommend. My son was struggling so much at school, I gave Maya a call and within a couple of months, my son was striving at school, and he tells me that he really enjoys his sessions with Maya. If you want your child to do well, look no where else other than Maya.
Maya helped my children enormously!
They said she explains things extremely well and they definitely feel for confidence in class which was illustrated when their test scores shot up!
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£30|