It has been a pleasure to teach the violin and viola for a decade. There is nothing more important than sharing my passion for music by teaching the next generation of musicians. I cater to individual needs, making lessons fun and challenging.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Tell me about your qualifications.
MA HONS Royal Academy of Music
BA HONS Royal College of Music
Winner of the 2015 Viola Competition at the Royal College of Music
Music Diploma from the Ecole de Musique in London.
A levels in French, music and philosophy ABB
- How much do you charge?
£20 per 30 minutes
£25 per 45 minutes
£30 per hour
- Where do you teach?
I mainly teach at my home on zoom and can travel to you if you are around Sussex from end of January 2021.
When are you available?
I can make myself available on most weekdays and weekends and am very flexible.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Any age! Adults are all welcome!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Chamber music exams
GCSE Music exams
GCSE French exams
KS3 french exams
KS3 Music exams
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I teach regularly on zoom.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I hope I can be what you are looking for in a violin or viola teacher. I make our lessons fun, challenging and informative. If you are passionate about making music then I believe I can offer you a fantastic start to your musical journey, as well as helping towards mastering your instrument.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have taught and tutored children aged 6-13 on various music courses around London and Suffolk.
I give musical workshops in my local pre-school and I taught in a local music school beginner piano, violin and viola for a couple of years.
I teach both violin and viola privately.
I spent a year in Lyon Conservatoire, France, learning from some of the best.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes, I have an up to date DBS.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained in the top music school Wells Cathedral School up to sixth form and then spent a year in Lyon Conservatoire.
I studied with Susie Meszaros at the Royal College of Music, and later I worked with renowned violist Yuko Inuoe towards my Masters of Performance at the Royal Academy of music.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
Recently, two of my violin pupils (sisters) have taken their grade 2 and 4, they were both very pleased with how they performed. I coached them to the highest level for their exams. Another one of my pupils is working towards grade 4, whilst my viola pupil is on grade 6 and other viola pupil is starting grade 1!
As you can see I can teach beginners to advanced at any age. My oldest pupil, Paul, 35 years old, took up violin and is improving vastly!
30 minutes - £20
45 minutes - £25
1 hour - £30
Olivia Sophie Volynkina
Email: (concealed information)
Phone: (concealed information)4
• April – October 2020 Contact Centre Agent at Addenbrookes Hospital
• November 2019 – March 2020 Cabin Crew at Titan Airways
• April 2017 – present Adhoc concert musician
• September 2018 Paid Orchestra work on tour to China
• April 2016 – April 2017 Music Teacher at De Rosa Music Shop
• July – August 2011 BBC Music Magazine Writer Experience
• July – September 2010 Sous Chef for The Bolney Stage
Customer service experience
• 2015-2018 Weekly Workshops at Rainbow Pre-school in Stansted
• 2014-present Private Music Lesson tuition, age range 7 to 30 years.
• Music Teacher - Work at De Rosa Music Shop teaching adults and children from a variety of levels and cultural backgrounds. In addition to tuition, my duties included schedule management, sale of goods and arrangement of staff concerts. The skills that I have gained include time keeping, task delegation and enhanced communication skills through conflict resolution.
• July 2012 -2018 Solo Recitals in West Sussex
• December 2015-2018 Participation in newly established orchestras
• 2011 – 2015 Philharmonic, symphony, string band and opera concerts at Royal College of Music
• 2015-17 Royal Academy of Music Philharmonic, Symphony, opera, baroque orchestra
• 2017-present Work and Tours with London Arte Chamber Orchestra
• In addition to those concerts, I have taken part in many masterclasses with known violists such as Jennifer Stumm, Antonio Farulli, Lawrence Power and Maxim Rysanov.
2015 – 2017 Royal Academy, London - Master of Arts
2011 – 2015 Royal College of Music, London - Bachelor of Arts, Instrument: Viola
2010 – 2011 Lyon École de Musique diploma certificate
2005 – 2010 Wells Cathedral School, A levels: ABB in French, Music and Philosophy
I have known Olivia since she was a student at Wells Cathedral School of Music. I am a friend of her parents. I've watched her develop both as the musician and person. She is a dedicated musician and also has a calm personality and these qualities I think would make her an excellent teacher. Olivia is of the highest integrity.
Very patient, knowledgable and is able to make things clear and easy to understand. Olivia has a keen drive to get the best out of u at a pace you are comfortable, and able to keep up with.
Olivia is a very talented player who enjoys her teaching immensely. She is dedicated to her work and her students. There is nothing more that makes her happy than encouraging her students and bringing out the best in them--identifying their strong points and developing them.
Olivia is a well educated and talented musician. She’s an attentive and patient music teacher and I would highly recommend her as a tutor especially for children and young adults
Liv has been teaching my daughter for a few months now.
She is patient and professional.
always happy to explain.She is fun and has a very nice and relaxing voice
I would definitely recommend her!
Olivia is the best music teacher I had. She is exceptionally patient and kind. She made the lessons so easy to understand making it exciting and fun. I look forward to book more lessons with her.
Olivia is a remarkable musician and teacher. Having performed with her on numerous occasions, I can highly recommend her.
My girls have progressed so much under the patient yet disciplined guidance of Olivia...the music they make now is really music to my ears. I am confident Olivia will help my girls to achieve their grade VIII exam.
Dear Olivia, I am writing to thank you for not just being such a great viola tutor to my daughter, but also a great motivator and a fine example of a skilled violist yourself. You have spent the last year and a half fine-tuning and shaping her viola playing technique and also making her believe in her ability. With your help she succeeded in her Grade 6 viola exams! Thank you so much. With warm wishes, Gloria
Oscar has really enjoyed learning the violin with Olivia and has made great progress. Olivia is very patient and makes the lessons fun. He always looks forward to his lessons and is happy to practice.
piano lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|