Hi! Are you looking for an inspirational & reputable teacher who is also a highly skilled musician?
I am a professional, classically trained Violinist working in a variety of settings nationwide. I have over 10 years teaching experience delivering high quality, unique learning to 100`s of people, in a variety of settings. This includes individual, group lessons & workshops.
My philosophy is that anyone can and should have access to a good music education and enjoy their learning experience. I can teach all ages and abilities, from beginner to degree level, including those with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities. Having been trained in Suzuki, Kodaly & Dalcroze methods, I am open to exploring different pathways with my students.
My success includes a 100 % pass rate for ABRSM/Trinity Guildhall exams and, many of my younger students have gone on to further their education at Junior and Senior Music Conservatoires in the UK.
I have developed my own teaching style which is holistically focused on all of the elements of being a musician, with focus on aural training & rhythm at the start. Therefore, if you don't know how to read music yet, it doesn't matter!
We will also explore creativity through Improvisation and Composition & I often include games to facilitate learning in younger children.
(I would be keen for parents to play a part in the learning process.)
Trained at The Royal Academy of Music & Trinity Laban, I hold a BMus(hon) in Violin performance, an LRAM teaching diploma & an MMus in Violin Performance. In 2010, I won the `Open Academy Fellowship` for Music Education and shortly after gained a position as Violin teacher at The Royal Academy of Music's 'First String Experience' program.
I have gone on to gain positions as Violin/Piano teacher & Chamber Music coach at Pro Corda, London Music Masters, Highgate School, Lewisham Music and Brighton & Hove Music and Arts.
My experience also includes working in many workshop settings with participants aged 4-80+, for organisations including The BBC, The Southbank Centre, London Philharmonic Orchestra, London Symphony Orchestra, The BFI & Great Ormond Street Hospital.
As a professional freelance Violinist, I enjoy playing a variety of music from Classical to Jazz, World & Folk. I have appeared on the concert platform with orchestras including London Contemporary Orchestra & Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra. This has taken me to iconic venues such as The Royal Albert Hall, Royal Festival Hall, The Southbank Centre & The Barbican and to record at legendary studios such as Abbey Road & Air Studios. Further collaborations include: The Cure, Glen Matlock of 'The Sex Pistols', Elton John and, Emma Hatton on her no. 1 iTunes Jazz album 'Thirty Three and a Third'. I also enjoy playing at major UK and worldwide festivals such as Glastonbury & Montreux Jazz Festival & touring extensively!
Face to Face-
1/2 hr £30
45 mins £40
1 hr £45
1.5 hrs £65
2 hrs £85
1/2 hr £25
45 mins £35
1 hr £40
1.5 hrs £60
2 hrs £80
• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance (2011-2013)- MMus in Violin Performance
• Royal Academy of Music (2006-10) - BMus (hon) & LRAM Violin teaching diploma
• LRAM teaching diploma, The Royal Academy of Music: 2009
• 'First String Experience', Royal Academy of Music: 2009
• Open Academy Fellowship 2010-11, The Royal Academy of Music
• Spitalfields Music Core Training Trainee 2015-16
• SEND Music Development Day 2016- 'Breaking the Bubble'
• MusicLeader/Sound Sense Training Day- 'The Music Education Code of Practice'
• The Institute and Sound Connections- 'Work In Music: Education'
• Dalcroze Eurhythmics workshop- Anita Strevens
• Sound City, Brighton and Hove- 'A Singing City'
• Private Violin/Piano
• London Music Masters Lead Violin Teacher
• Lewisham Music Hub: Violin/Piano teacher and Strings Coach
• Brighton and Hove Music and Arts: Violin/Piano teacher (secondary school)
• Royal Academy of Music/Pro Corda 'Young String Experience': Violin/Viola teacher & Chamber Music coach
• Highgate School: Violin/Viola teacher & Chamber Music Coach
• Creative Futures 'Act, Sing and Play' program: Violin/Piano Teacher & Strings Coach
• Southbank Centre (incl. Imagine Festival and London Music Masters 'Save Our Music')
• Southbank Sinfonia
• Academy of Ancient Music
• Chineke! Orchestra
• London Music Masters
• Animate Orchestra (Local Lewisham)
• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
• Open Academy, The Royal Academy of Music
• 'Amazon Art' (Charity with Projects for children and young adults in South America)
• BBC Proms 2016
• London Philharmonic Orchestra
• British Film Institute
• 2012 Olympic Games/Trinity Laban Conservatoire
• London Symphony Orchestra: LSO 'On Track'
• HMDT Music SEND project: 'Music Treehouse'
• Orchestra One: Kent Music (NASA soundscapes)
• Chineke! Learning & Participation
• Wigmore Hall Learning/Chamber Zone
• The Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment
• Spitalfields Music Learning and Participation
• Great Ormond Street Hospital
• English Touring Opera/The National Portrait Gallery/'Severn Stories' (SEN/D)
• Glyndebourne Education: 'Raise your Voice' (adults with Dementia)
• Open Academy, The Royal Academy of Music
Nadine has been teaching violin to my daughters (9 and 12) for the last year. She is a very keen and enthusiastic tutor and absolutely passionate about music. Her love for teaching is evident and her motivational techniques have proved very popular with my daughters with whom she has established a very good rapport. She has a very gentle and kind manner and is able to adapt to different learning paces, which has made them progress quicker than ever before. As a teacher myself I can see how perfectly suited she is for music teaching. I would strongly recommend her as a violin tutor.
Nadine teaches my 10-year old daughter violin.
She has really helped my daughter to improve her technical skills (posture and tuning) and her musicality. She is patient and firm but fun and encouraging too. Because of the Corona Virus restrictions, we have temporarily switched to online lessons which, thanks to Nadine's clear style, have been working really well.
I would warmly recommend Nadine for coaching technical skills and encouraging a love of playing.
Nadine is engaging, fun and professional and has reignited the passion for a slightly jaded young violinist in our house!
Nadine is a collegue of mine, we often play together and compose new tunes as part of an original project. She's very professional in everything she does. She's definetely a great and supportive teacher, very passionate about her job, tailoring the lessons according to what the pupils need. I would strongly recommend her as teacher, because she can definetely give the students something more, inspiring them being creative
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|