I am a professional, classically trained Violinist working in a variety of settings nationwide. I play a range of music styles from Classical to Jazz and Pop.
I believe that anyone can and should have access to a good musical education and I can teach all ages and abilities, from beginner to degree level, including those with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities.
My lessons are holistically tailored to the individual, reflecting the diverse teaching methods I have been influenced by in my 11 years experience & training. These include Suzuki, Kodaly & Dalcroze methods, however I am also able to prepare students for ABRSM/Trinity Guildhall examinations or similar pathways.
A typical 1 hour lesson would include technical training through scales & studies, learning pieces & Musicianship (singing/movement /Improvisation/Composition). I usually start my beginners without written music, in order to develop the ear. Therefore, knowing how to read music is not a prerequisite, although will be thoroughly explored during the course.
I often include games to facilitate learning in younger children & would be keen for parents to play a part in the learning process through regular communication and support.
Individuals are welcome to decide repertoire they would like to explore & what they would like to get out of the lessons.
I have over 10 years experience in delivering high quality, unique Violin lessons to 100's of people in a variety of settings, including individual and small group lessons.
I am passionate about tailoring my Violin lessons to suit the individual & my main goal is for all of my students to enjoy their lessons. However I do also have a 100 % pass rate for ABRSM/Trinity Guildhall exams, and many of my younger students have gone on to further their education at Junior and Senior Music Conservatoires in the UK.
My training began at The Royal Academy of Music, where I completed my BMus (hon) in Violin performance, LRAM Violin teaching diploma & won the 'Open Academy Fellowship' for Music Education. Here I taught at 'First String Experience' shadowing the director, Philippa Bunting, and gaining training in Suzuki, Kodaly & Dalcroze methods.
I have gone on to gain positions as Violin/Piano teacher at Pro Corda, London Music Masters, Highgate School, Lewisham Music and Brighton & Hove Music and Arts.
Since completing my Masters degree in Violin Performance at Trinity Laban Conservatoire in 2013, I have also worked in many workshop settings with participants from ages 4-80+. Organisations worked for include: The BBC, The Southbank Centre, London Philharmonic Orchestra, London Symphony Orchestra, The BFI & Great Ormond Street Hospital.
As a result of working with such a diverse range of people, I have developed my own teaching style which is inclusive, tailored to the individual & holistically focused on all of the elements of being a musician. (Please see Methodology)
Face to Face-
1/2 hr £30
45 mins £40
1 hr £45
1.5 hrs £65
2 hrs £85
1/2 hr £25
45 mins £35
1 hr £40
1.5 hrs £60
2 hrs £80
• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance (2011-2013)- MMus in Violin Performance
• Royal Academy of Music (2006-10) - BMus (hon) & LRAM Violin teaching diploma
• LRAM Violin teaching diploma, The Royal Academy of Music: 2009
• 'First String Experience', Royal Academy of Music: 2009
• Open Academy Fellowship 2010-11, The Royal Academy of Music
• Spitalfields Music Core Training Trainee 2015-16
• SEND Music Development Day 2016- 'Breaking the Bubble'
• MusicLeader/Sound Sense Training Day- 'The Music Education Code of Practice'
• The Institute and Sound Connections- 'Work In Music: Education'
• Dalcroze Eurhythmics workshop- Anita Strevens
• Sound City, Brighton and Hove- 'A Singing City'
• Private Violin/Piano
• London Music Masters Lead Violin Teacher
• Lewisham Music Hub: Violin/Cello teacher and Strings Coach
• Brighton and Hove Music and Arts: Violin teacher (secondary school)
• Royal Academy of Music/Pro Corda 'Young String Experience': Violin/Viola teacher & Chamber Music coach
• Highgate School: Violin/Viola teacher & Chamber Music Coach
• Creative Futures 'Act, Sing and Play' program: Violin/Cello Teacher & Strings Coach
• Southbank Centre (incl. Imagine Festival and London Music Masters 'Save Our Music')
• Southbank Sinfonia
• Academy of Ancient Music
• Chineke! Orchestra
• London Music Masters
• Animate Orchestra (Local Lewisham)
• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
• Open Academy, The Royal Academy of Music
• 'Amazon Art' (Charity with Projects for children and young adults in South America)
• BBC Proms 2016
• London Philharmonic Orchestra
• British Film Institute
• 2012 Olympic Games/Trinity Laban Conservatoire
• London Symphony Orchestra: LSO 'On Track'
• HMDT Music SEND project: 'Music Treehouse'
• Orchestra One: Kent Music (NASA soundscapes)
• Chineke! Learning & Participation
• Wigmore Hall Learning/Chamber Zone
• The Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment
• Spitalfields Music Learning and Participation
• Great Ormond Street Hospital
• English Touring Opera/The National Portrait Gallery/'Severn Stories' (SEN/D)
• Glyndebourne Education: 'Raise your Voice' (adults with Dementia)
• Open Academy, The Royal Academy of Music
Nadine has been teaching violin to my daughters (9 and 12) for the last year. She is a very keen and enthusiastic tutor and absolutely passionate about music. Her love for teaching is evident and her motivational techniques have proved very popular with my daughters with whom she has established a very good rapport. She has a very gentle and kind manner and is able to adapt to different learning paces, which has made them progress quicker than ever before. As a teacher myself I can see how perfectly suited she is for music teaching. I would strongly recommend her as a violin tutor.
Nadine teaches my 10-year old daughter violin.
She has really helped my daughter to improve her technical skills (posture and tuning) and her musicality. She is patient and firm but fun and encouraging too. Because of the Corona Virus restrictions, we have temporarily switched to online lessons which, thanks to Nadine's clear style, have been working really well.
I would warmly recommend Nadine for coaching technical skills and encouraging a love of playing.
Nadine is engaging, fun and professional and has reignited the passion for a slightly jaded young violinist in our house!
Nadine is a collegue of mine, we often play together and compose new tunes as part of an original project. She's very professional in everything she does. She's definetely a great and supportive teacher, very passionate about her job, tailoring the lessons according to what the pupils need. I would strongly recommend her as teacher, because she can definetely give the students something more, inspiring them being creative
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|