As an Actor, I believe that self-expression can help us lead fulfilling personal and professional lives. Acting technique features strongly in my varied work as a Communication Skills coach, delivering practical tools in a course tailored to you.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
All Courses and Sessions are tailored to the needs and goals of the individual following a free consultation.
Voice & Elocution, Body Language & Communication Skills:
* Accent Reduction - Soften your Accent
* Improve Posture, Gesture & and Physical Expression
* Deliver a powerful Pitch or Keynote speech
* Build Vocal Strength, Range, and Confidence
* Develop Sensitivity and Skill in your Human Interactions Using Practical Methodology
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Trained at the Oxford School of Drama: 2002-2005, Diploma in Professional Acting. (The Voice, the Method, Body Conditioning, Alexander Technique, Physical & Vocal Transformation, Rhetoric & Persuasive Speech.)
Extensive performance experience in all Media.
London Speech Workshop Senior Coach: 2015 - 2016.
Freelance Voice, Presentation, Interactive Skills & Self-Expression Coach: 2016 - Present
- How much do you charge?
* Initial Consultations, via Skype or Phone: FREE
* Price Per Hour of One-to-One Coaching at my location in Brixton (London SW2): £50
* Price Per Hour for Teaching at Office or Residence of Client (Within London Zones 1/2): £70 (Rate negotiable when booking multiple sessions)
* Price Per Hour for Coaching Groups of 2-5: (£30per person)
- Where do you teach?
My Own Residence: Brixton, London, SW2 2BD
Convenient by London Underground from All Central London Districts: Camden, Lambeth, Kensington and Chelsea, Hammersmith and Fulham, Tower Hamlets, Lewisham, Peckham, Streatham, Norwood, Dulwich, Clapham, Battersea, Camberwell
Student's Home: Subject to additional fee for travel time and expenses
- When are you available?
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I use Skype.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Please take a look at my company website for more info on my work, process and blog posts:
You can also find out more about my acting work at my personal website:
- What kind of experience do you have?
* Extensive experience in all areas of the Acting industry in the UK and North America, encompassing:
TV, Studio Feature Films, Independent Features and Short Films, Physical Theatre, Devised Theatre, Drama, Comedy, Radio Drama, Stand-Up Comedy, Video Games, Corporate Voiceover, Commercials, Improv
* Extensive experience in Corporate Training and Facilitation
* More than 1000 hours of One-to-One Coaching experience - Communication & Presentation Skills, Accent Reduction, Dialect Coaching of Actors
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
The Oxford School of Drama 2002-2005:
George Peck (Shakespeare, Michael Chekhov, Poetry in Performance), Jacqui Crago & Simon Ratcliffe (Voice), Robert Fried (Method Acting), Fiona Millward (Alexander Technique, Dance)
London Speech Workshop:
Emma Serlin, Jamie Chapman (Accent Softening, Effective Communication).
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Lift-Off Film Festivals Judging Committee
- Tell me about some of your current students.
Professionals in Finance, Legal, Banking, Retail, Manufacturing, IT, Hospitality and Publishing Industries.
'Learning from Theo was a life-changing experience. He makes you feel so relaxed, creating a very easy environment to learn in. I now feel I have more authority and integrity in every social and professional situation.'
â€œI would definitely recommend classes with Theo! He tailored the lessons to my needs, keeping a good balance between pronunciation and intonation exercises. The atmosphere was relaxed which enabled me to ask any silly questions without feeling judged. Theo helped me not only to soften my accent but also showed me some really interesting techniques that allowed me to improve my presentation skills.”
â€œTheo – thank you so much! It's been an absolute pleasure to work with you. I saw vast improvements in my effectiveness as a speaker from day 1 and am very proud of what we've achieved over the last couple of months. In fact, the transformation has been so remarkable, I'd rather keep you secret ;)”
public speaking lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|