I am currently a second year student at University of Edinburgh studying Biology. In high school I studied International Baccalaureate(IB) program with higher level mathematics with option of statistics and probability, Biology and Chemistry. I've completed my IB degree with an additional bilingual degree in English since my mother tongue is Mandarin. I am capable of teaching up to A-level/IB/high-school equivalent level of Maths, Biology and Chemistry. I would also be able to teach Mandarin as second language for students or Mandarin-speaking students who are keen on practising English.
I have always been keen in helping/tutoring my friends with maths and other subjects. I have not formally taught previously however I am a very patient person who is flexible in tutoring methods. Since I am a student myself as well I am very understanding and willing to help students in need.
I am an inquisitive student- a person passionate about learning new techniques and developing skills for research, a responsible biologist- who takes critical and creative approaches on making organized and methodical action for problems or challenges, and a versatile individual- who enjoys working either independently or collaboratively with other people.
BSc (Hons) Biological Sciences University of Edinburgh 2015-2019
Key modules included: Quantification in the Life Sciences1, Biological Chemistry 1A, Biological Chemistry 1B, Chemistry for Life Sciences2.
International School of Indiana(ISI), USA 2013-2015
International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
Awards and Certificates:
Rural Electrification Project Engineer (2016); International Baccalaureate(IB) Diploma with Bilingual Diploma; European Council of International Schools Award for International Understanding; Indiana Senate Certificate of Achievement; Two consecutive years of Golden Endeavor Award for excellent academic performance.
Edinburgh Global Partnerships (EGP) WindAid Peru 2015-2016
• Project coordinator, fundraised over £10,000 with a team to construct and install a wind turbine supporting a school in Cajamarca, Peru with electricity.
Humane Society of Indianapolis, IN, USA 2013-2015
• Feline friend, ensured proper care and well-being of animals and carried out general customer service for two hours every week.
WAZA Alliance for Quality Education (D.R. Congo Organization) 2013-2015
• Program Assistant, participated actively in fundraisings; Supported presenting seminars on establishing a teachers’ union which helped to write text books, and assisted with vision screening for children and teachers.
Timmy Global Health, Indianapolis, IN 2013-2015
• Timmy Leader, conducted student-led activities to raise funds to support this non-profit based healthcare organization.
Additional Skills and Interests:
• Fluent Mandarin and English speaker • Basic level of Spanish
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||£70||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||£130||Not available||£150|