In the taster class, I will chat with my student to understand how he/she feels about the subject, what his/her expectation is, and what the biggest obstacle is for him/her with an open attitude. Then we will go through one practice question that he/she thinks it’s easy to deal with, together explain and define science behind it, and go through another one that is difficult for him/her to practice. By doing so, I will be able to understand the way they structure his/her thinking and problem-solving methodology, and then I will be able to provide suitable approach to effectively cover material prepared for following individual sessions.
Tutored undergraduate students in Chemistry for 3 years.
Lessons were given both to 2-3 individuals per semester and a group of 6 undergraduate students per year.
Students achieved 1st and 2:1 results from combined work of graded tutorials and examinations.
I will be charging £35/hour for A-level students and £50/hour for undergraduate students. No traveling charges are included, no cancelation fee.
- 3 years of experiences in tutoring in the U.K.
- Tutoring experience of undergraduate students in Chemistry, Physics, Math
- Fluent in English, Slovak, Czech language
MSc Imperial College London, United Kingdom Oct.2017-Sep.2018
- Major in Advanced Chemical Engineering – Distinction (expected)
BSc University of Liverpool, United Kingdom Sep.2014-Jul.2017
- Major in Chemistry – First Class Honours
Study Abroad Monash University, Australia Feb.2016-Jun.2016
- Major in Science – Chemistry, Multivariable Calculus, Quantum & Thermal Physics, Molecular Biology – First
A – Level Equivalent BGMH Sucany, Slovakia Sep.2009-Jun.2014
- Graduated with A* from Slovak Language and Literature, English Language, Physics, Chemistry, Math
Student Mentorship, LEAF Slovakia - online Mar 2018 - Present
- Mentored a Slovak high school student through university decision-making process in foreign country
- Mentorship successfully resulted in student securing research internship at the University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague under supervision of Prof Frantisek Stepanek
Peek Assistant Leader (PAL), University of Liverpool Feb.2015 - Jun.2017
- Tutoring of chemistry undergraduate students in subjects of Organic, Inorganic and Physical Chemistry, Math, Quantum & Thermal Physics, Newtonian Dynamics, Molecular Biology and Spectroscopy
- Personal tutor of 6 students during exam revision period
Student Volunteer, Slovakia Sep.2013-May.2014
- Helped and tutored children from family with low income or difficulties with English language
Teaching Assistant, Ruzomberok English Summer Camp, Slovakia Jul.2010-Aug.2010
- Personal teaching assistant of native English speaker at children English summer camp
- Supervised students during English classes and translated English into Slovak language
- Developed interactive games for learning of English vocabulary and syntax structure
chemistry lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest organic chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, thermodynamics lessons for all!
Taking chemical physics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£35||Not available|