I am passionate about leading through enthusiasm. I believe in finding a way for the student to engage with material in a more positive way which will make it an enjoyable learning process. Once this has been achieved it is then necessary to focus on the understanding of content, before honing in on essay and exam technique.
I am an Arts and Sciences student at University College London, predicted to graduate with first class honours, where I take modules predominately from the History department. I achieved A*A*A*A at A level in History, Biology, Theatre Studies a General Studies. I have been DBS checked and frequently have taken leadership positions of younger students, for example I have worked for the past two years at the UCL summer school.
Cancer Research UK – Events Management and Marketing Intern – April to June 2017
• Interpersonal Skills - Acting as the first point of contact for volunteers, ensuring they remained informed and enthusiastic to assist on event day. Positive and upbeat methods of communication were necessary in order to achieve this.
Barques – Work Experience - September 2016
• Communication: I worked in the PR department, developing and executing social media campaigns and aiding the running of events for various clients. This client facing role allowed me to learn to communicate effectively with business partners and clients as I sat in on meetings with some of the company’s largest clients, such as The Birmingham Botanical Gardens, contributing ideas as to events which would occur in the following year
UCL Widening Participation – Summer School Leader – August 2016
• Leadership: Undertaking a group of sixth formers allowed me to develop effective leadership skills.
Hollister – Brand Representative – July 2016 to January 2017
• Interpersonal Skills: This has allowed me to develop my ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues. I have experience in the functioning of a retail establishment, and have knowledge of the performance of day to day tasks such as stock replenishment.
Jaguar Land Rover – Work Experience - June 2016
• Professionalism: I was placed within the marketing department, developing marketing briefs for new product lines. I sat in on meetings with the heads of the department which opened my eyes to the world of business and deepened my understanding of the decision-making process of high performing business.
SBW Advertising - Work Experience – July 2015
• Problem Solving and Negotiation: At SWB Advertising I gained invaluable experience through shadowing the managing director. I gained an insight into how an advertising agency functions, and how different departments interact with one another.
Crane Clothing - 2014 -2015
• Creativity: I set up the Crane clothing company, with a group of my peers, through the Beanstalk Charity’s Corporate Challenge. My peers selected me to undertake the role of Marketing Director. Crane made a profit, which we donated to Beanstalk. The charity works to improve child literacy rates. Whilst at school I used my vocal skills by volunteering for ‘Kissing It Better’, a charity dedicated to improving the mental wellbeing of long-stay Patients in hospitals, by singing in many of the wards of Walsall hospital
Freelance Singer– 2013 to present
• Team work: Working effectively with other members within a band is essential in order to achieve the desired goal of a good performance. I have worked as the backing vocalist on various records and live performances. I have also performed as a solo artist in the Birmingham area.
Maxine Grant School of Ballet – Assistant Ballet Teacher – 2011 to 2014
• Building Relationships: At my ballet school, I took on the role of Assistant Teacher, aiding the training of younger pupils. This position of responsibility enabled me to develop my ability to engage effectively with parents, to lead the younger pupils with enthusiasm.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|