I am a current university student (Politics and International Relations), and offer lessons to students up to GCSE level. I structure my lessons around the aims of the student, supplemented with my knowledge of the topic. If it is help with an essay, we would create an essay plan and analyse the book/essay topic together during the tutor period. This leaves the student with the necessary tools to write the essay, and we would review the written work in the next lesson. I am also open to offering general support with the language, such as ongoing literary analysis support.
My preferred form of communication would be through online video calls, however, can offer face-to-face meetings in selected parts of London.
I am a Politics and International Relations student and completed the IB in 2018. My higher level subjects of English Literature and Philosophy were heavily essay-based and gave me the opportunity to develop my writing skills.
I have spent time teaching students aged 11-14, in a classroom setting (up to 25 students), basic English skills abroad - this was a very rewarding experience as I learnt to approach such situations from the perspective of the students and based on their dispositions.
Queen Mary University of London; London, UK (2018 – 2021)
Politics and International Relations BA (Hons)
Malvern College; Worcestershire, UK (2016 – 2018)
International Baccalaureate Programme: Higher Level Subjects: English Literature, Philosophy, Economics, Standard Level Subjects: Mathematical Studies, Biology, Spanish Ab Initio, Extended Essay: Economics – “To What Extent is VICOBA an effective economic development policy in Dar es Salaam?”
International School of Tanganyika; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (2006 - 2016)
Middle Years Programme (MYP) Grades 6 – 10
Marketing intern – Avamore Capital (27th– 31st May 2019) 78 Cannon St, London EC4N 6HL
• Contacting brokers and clients regarding product feedback
• Research into market positioning of competitors
• Editing monthly company newsletter
Sales Assistant - Rita Farhi Gourmet Gifts (July 2018 onwards) Harrods, Selfridges & Co., Harvey Nichols, Fortnum & Mason; London, UK
• Ability to upsell new products thus meeting KPIs set by the employer – strong interpersonal skills led to billing over £300 on an average day at Harrods and Selfridges & Co.
• Working with team members on the shop floor to increasing sales of other products across shop floor through suggesting complementary products
• Interpreting customer behaviour and proposing products that fit their expectations
• Conducting training sessions for Selfridges’ sales team regarding product specifications and respective sales techniques
• Compilation of sales reports with analysis of product sales at different locations and respective customer profiles
Volunteer teaching - Ghomme Boarding School; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (June – August 2017)
• Taught students basic English and simple Economics, in both English and Kiswahili, using local syllabus
• Established a Debating Society aimed at improving discussion skills, confidence and world affairs knowledge
• Established the first IT lab in the school with computers donated from London based secondary schools
• Organised weekend sports tournaments with teachers
Intern in Automotive Industry – Motorrama; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (September – October 2017)
• Shadowed team members; gained insight of marketing, mechanical, financial, and consultation sectors
• Created a presentation explaining observations made through this practical knowledge
• Developed commercial awareness of different sectors thus demonstrating adaptability to different sectors and aptitude for learning
• Learnt about financing schemes and presented this to a client
Work experience in marketing/ communication- Golden Tulip Hotel; Dar es Salaam (June – July 2016)
• Feasibility study for a new gymnasium – communicated with companies regarding logistics for products’ sales and local clients on behalf of the hotel
• Completion of procedural forms and marketing forms and presented these to senior staff
• Integrated into workplace culture resulting in the cultivation of positive relationship with management
Hobbies and Interests
• Proficient Pianist; completed Royal College of Music London, exams to ABRSM Grade 7
• Competitive swimmer; competed for the Tanzanian National Team in Malawi, Zambia and Mozambique
• Member of the ISSEA (International Schools of Southern and Eastern Africa) Team and Senior Girls Football Team; competed in multiple country-wide tournaments in Tanzania, and UK, and Italy
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking poetry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£80||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£165||£150|