I am a very relaxed, experienced graphic designer tutor with a background in advertising.
I teach and guide in a practical hands-on manner with a focus on crafting skills that will benefit my students in the workplace and their future careers.
I have been caching and mentoring at undergraduate level for over ten years.
During this time I have taught hundreds of students, and won several awards for my approach.
Virtually all my students progress into full time work on completion of the course.
Bachelor Degree (with Honours) Communication Studies
SALFORD UNIVERSITY (2006 – 2009)
Modules written and delivered:
1. Strategic Design Management (Undergraduate & Post Graduate)
2. Graphic Design, Typography & Layout (Undergraduate)
3. Design Futures (Post Graduate)
4. Design Industry (Post Graduate)
5. Design Project Management (Undergraduate & Post Graduate)
THE UNIVERSITY OF HUDDERSFIELD (2007 – PRESENT)
Modules written and delivered:
1. Copywriting – for Graphic Design students (Undergraduate)
2. Campaign Planning – for Fashion, Media & Promotion students (Undergraduate)
3. Magazine Production – For Journalism students (Undergraduate)
In addition, I have actively supported these courses as a practicing industry expert in the role of studio mentor for several years with excellent student feedback.
As a result of this activity, I have gained valuable experience and knowledge of:
1. Teaching Delivery Methods
2. Marking and Assessment
3. Module Development
4. Learning Outcomes
5. Internal Procedures and Best Practice
I currently run my own Design Consultancy, focussing on a range of design specialisms crafted to suit the needs business and consumer markets.
Current projects include:
1. Interactive Data Visualisation (for Callcredit Group Worldwide)
2. Visitor Experience and Interpretation Design (for The National Trust)
3. Responsive Content Delivery and Publishing (for Brighter Connections, UK)
4. Cloud Based Entertainment Portals (for Accor Worldwide)
5. Strategic Brand Consultancy (for Callcredit Group Worldwide)
6. Employee Engagement Programmes (for Callcredit Group Worldwide)
7. In-store Sales Promotion Strategy (for ASDA)
8. Web User Interface Design (for BAFTA)
Practice-based skills and knowledge:
1. Adobe Creative Cloud – fluent
2. Web Development – fluent
3. Wordpress Implementation - fluent
4. Creative Services Solutions (“Production”) – fluent/ current
5. Articulate Storyboard E-Learning publications – fluent
6. Inkling Habitat Responsive Authoring – fluent
7. Adobe Premiere – advanced
I have an open, proactive communication style.
I am confident, outgoing, thoughtful and measured in my approach.
I believe my teaching has complemented my professional practice and I am perfectly at home with students and staff alike.
graphic design lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest photoshop lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, illustrator lessons for all!
Taking indesign lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|