My teaching method is based on a sound coaching philosophy. It's one thing to teach knowledge and understanding to pass an exam, but it takes something different to develop the skills to apply that knowledge in an effective and meaningful way. My methods include Socratic questioning and constraints based coaching.
I have been involved in the health and fitness industry for over 9 years. 8 of these as a PT with my own business and as a Gym Manager with the UK's largest gym operator. I am in a unique position to teach and develop industry ready PT's as I work at the forefront of the innovative gym sector and my responsibilities include developing new PT's with their start up businesses. To date i've helped over 70 PT's to develop thriving businesses in a competitive environment.
There is a £10 flat charge for students who require a home visit.
Feb 2017 – Present: Head coach and principal speaker at The REALisation Coach
• Personal coaching for individuals or groups looking for support and development with business or personal issues.
• As owner of this coaching business I am responsible for lead generation, marketing (online and B2B) and social media presence.
• As head coach I facilitate and lead all 1-2-1 and group coaching sessions.
• Principal speaker for all corporate presentations on a variety of health, fitness and self-improvement areas.
May 2014 – Present: Gym Manager at Pure Gym, Edinburgh Exchange Crescent
• Responsible for pre-open of new corporate city centre site operations, recruitment, corporate and gen pop membership sales.
• Opened with 3200 members after 15 week strategic sales plan incorporating promo events, corporate wellness days, H2H, D2D and B2B leafletting.
• Operational duties include using SWOT analysis to identify areas within the business to drive membership revenue, ancillary revenue and create leads within the corporate sector.
• Recruitment and development of PT team, Group Ex programming, employee and PT coaching make up a large proportion of our weekly duties.
• Experience in identifying and facilitating contact with corporate prospects.
• Won Gym Manager of the Year North in 2015.
May 2012 – May 2014: Gym Manager at Pure Gym, Edinburgh Quartermile
• Added 13 new businesses to our corporate contact list throughout 2013 including Sainsbury’s, Skyscanner and Standard Life.
• Consistently high performing manager regularly exceeding monthly KPI’s .
• Overseen full club refurbishment and studio extension in September.
• Grew class participation by 100% through 2013.
• Responsible for developing 4 assistant managers, 2 of whom have gone on to take GM positions within Pure Gym.
• Nominated for GM of the year 2012/2013.
• Management mentor to two newly employed GM’s.
Feb 2011 – May 2012: Assistant Gym Manager at Pure Gym, Edinburgh, City Centre.
• Responsible for driving sales through effective marketing and building corporate contacts by providing ‘Wellness Days’ and Outreach events.
• From July 2011 to September 2011 I was solely in charge of running the club as Acting Gym
• Membership figures reached 7400 members in October 2011, an 11% increase over 4 months.
• QDOS mystery member Gym Performance scores increased from 86% to 93% from July to October.
• Staff referral figures showed a massive 104% rise over past three months whilst adding to this target individually by 60%.
• Nominated for AGM of the year 2011/2012.
• Finished 4th in the Members choice ‘Health Club’ Awards 2011 for the Scotland region.
• Exceptional leadership qualities.
• Experienced and competent public speaker.
• Personal coaching and development of staff and colleagues.
• Ability to deliver on KPI’s and P+L forecasts.
• Experienced in delivery of presentations through Powerpoint.
• Advanced Certificate in Coaching Practice – Personal Coaching Feb 2017.
• 3 Highers
• REP’s Level 3 Advanced Personal Trainer.
• UKSCA foundation course certified.
personal training lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest fitness lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, bodybuilding lessons for all!
Taking muscle strengthening lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|